Once you've collected the main collectibles, what's left to collect?

I see some of you guys are looking for Led Zeppelin objects. I've created a replica one by 3D printing (picture attached).

I sell it on ebay if you are interested in getting one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-ZEPPELIN-THE-OBJECT-VERY-COOL/163016920315?hash=item25f490ccfb:g:iZwAAOSwWHZa39N2

Also, I'm sure some of you have seen the history channel show "Pawn Stars". My listing was actually featured at the beginning of the show when Rick was looking for the Object.

He wanted an original though, and paid nearly $4,000 for it.

IMG_8345.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I was rummaging thru my closet and found something I had forgotten I had. Promo case for Jimmy Page's "Outrider" album. Comes with a small poster, an interview cd, the album on cassette, and a video interview. Thirty years old and I doubt it is worth much. But I wouldn't sell it anyway. Although I may make it the prize to this year's NFL Pool.

20180514_124518.thumb.jpg.1a4bf5440774f6822c7739272b5f8252.jpg

20180514_124328.thumb.jpg.6ae8f758748f062fc73943f064e146cb.jpg

38 minutes ago, Strider said:

I was rummaging thru my closet and found something I had forgotten I had. Promo case for Jimmy Page's "Outrider" album. Comes with a small poster, an interview cd, the album on cassette, and a video interview. Thirty years old and I doubt it is worth much. But I wouldn't sell it anyway. Although I may make it the prize to this year's NFL Pool.

20180514_124328.thumb.jpg.6ae8f758748f062fc73943f064e146cb.jpg

Nice. I watched an mtv interview with Page a few weeks ago where he was hocking these.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Geffen produced two versions, one with NTSC format VHS for the North American market and one with a PAL format VHS for UK/Europe.

They're actually worth about $125.00-$150.00. I have one. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Geffen produced two versions, one with NTSC format VHS for the North American market and one with a PAL format VHS for UK/Europe.

They're actually worth about $125.00-$150.00. I have one. 

Cool. Thx for sharing. I worked in a record store in late 80s. I’ve got the JP Geffen promo cd singles (Wasting My Time, and clean promo (w/ say it play it sticker) w/ poster flats (album sized 2 sided promo card board - album cover on one side and JP symbol on back side).

R😎

I have to get Dreamland on vinyl to have all of Robert Plant's main releases on vinyl. Sure, I already have it on CD, but getting it on vinyl is a whole other thing as they go for a lot of money, more than any other of his main releases on vinyl, like in the $800-$1,200 range.

Edited by luvlz2

• 1 year later...

I think somebody must have been reading my previous post about wanting to get Robert Plant's Dreamland on vinyl format to finish my collection because a bootleg of it was released sometime late last year. I just recently found out about it and got one and I'm totally happy that I did I've listened to it a number of times it sounds absolutely excellent!  😀 I'm so happy someone did this, gives me a nice sense of completion and the quality is good, this is now my favorite RP to listen to :thumbsup:. It basically looks official down to the inserts and album artwork other than one noticeable difference is the little black and white rectangular sticker that says '12-track limited edition includes the single Morning Dew' and is usually just a small sticker on the outside of the plastic album wrap, is instead embedded in the album cover's artwork. I think it's actually a little cool, gives it that new look whether you still have the original plastic album wrap or not!

IMG_20200212_1949012_rewind.thumb.jpg.818df2953d8fabbf8d8a9b9b1a4e2702.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

19 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

and is usually just a small sticker on the outside of the plastic album wrap

The original LP had the sticker also on the cover, not on the plastic wrap. Unfortunately, in my case. I bought the LP upon release and one-fifth of the sticker was missing, so I had to remove it immediately.

Anyway, it is a really good LP with superb sound. The only RP solo LP I kept.

Hi Steve

I have one Led Zeppelin Express Promotional Poster. How can I be sure of its authenticity?

On 4/21/2018 at 12:39 AM, SteveAJones said:

There are a limited number of specific items I still seek to find. The Led Zeppelin Express promotional poster for the 1975 Earls Court gigs is at the top of that list. I want one that is original and authentic, not a reproduction. Second on that list is a silver cane presented by The Everly Brother's to Peter Grant at a party following their Royal Albert Hall concert in 1995, shortly before his passing. I have asked Warren Grant about it but he said he knows nothing about it. Pretty much anything else that comes to mind is already in private collections and unlikely to become available for some time.  

Custom made art is something you purchase because you like it, not as an investment vehicle. Rock art is difficult to resell at higher value.

Off the top of my head, the most expensive item I've acquired is the signed, numbered, leather bound edition of Jimmy's book. It seems it sells these days for up to $3,000. I also have some awards, gold albums and quite a few items signed by Jimmy that would be considered high value. Otherwise value is found in the aggregate...6,000+ photos, 900+ magazines, 500+ posters, 500+ albums, 300+ promo items... 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:19 PM, carfields said:

Hi Steve

I have one Led Zeppelin Express Promotional Poster. How can I be sure of its authenticity?

Perhaps the fastest way is to post photos of it here for independent analysis and verification. Actually, via private message would be best.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:38 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

What do you hardcore collectors go after once you've got the main items (i.e. vinyls, tshirts, ticket stubs,)?

Is it smart to go after custom made art? What's the most expensive item you've nabbed?

Extremely rare white label A3 / B3 LZ3 test pressings 😉 
I am looking to sell this test pressing to the highest bidder and am looking for advice as to the best platforms available to achieve the greatest exposure for this sale.

Hi guys

Yeah I collect original concert posters I have 7 so far an expensive hobby ranging from Aussie dollars 2500 to 8000 they are 1971 Empire Pool Wembley poster.1972 Belgium Vorst National poster  most expensive yet to see another could be a one of was owned by Peter Grant apparently. 1975 Earls Court physical rocket .1977 Oakland Stadium signed by Randy Tuten.1980 German poster with sadly their last tour dates.Also 1980 Tour over Europe poster with the air warden looking up Steve.A.Jones I spoke to you about this poster a long time ago also have promotional poster of tour over Europe poster with all four members on it.3 are framed an expensive part of the process to just quietly. Also have signed jimmy page book number 1259 I think of 3000 that's it guys.Just a side note to you strider loved reading your concert stories fucking incredible your words put you right there amazing job also another thing to admire you about was your liverpool fc icon go the mighty reds also to Steve A.Jones thank you for your correspondence regarding the Tour over Europe poster it was a while ago mate you might not remember but thanks anyway.Im not very tech savvy took me fucking ages to write will send some pictures of posters if I can if anyone is interested thanks guys.            Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the biggest difference I failed to mention in my previous post in this thread about the unofficial Dreamland is that it's a double vinyl and includes the bonus tracks Dirt in a hole and Last time I saw her (Remix).

Edited by luvlz2