Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
76229

Classic Rock's 50th anniversary special

Recommended Posts

Couldn't see a thread for it, so....

 

Classic Rock have brought out a lavish (10 quid!) special in the UK for the 50th. Writing by Mick Wall (:() and Chris Welch & Barney Hoskyns (:)) and others. Mostly a compilation of stuff from previous issues but some new stuff.

One thing bugged me was basic factual errors. The 1969 BBC radio pic is again captioned as 1968, Percy and Cole on the bed in the Starship as "a hotel in new york", etc. It wouldn't have taken much checking.

Fun reading though & I heartily recommend it. There's a good retrospective on the first UK gig at Newcastle Mayfair. And apparently the first song Slash ever mastered on guitar was Tangerine, so there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird. Never saw it last year, yet it (re)appeared in a well known newsagent this week. Cash in maybe. Oh well, mods feel free to delete thread etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Centennial Media’s Music spotlight Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary collectors edition magazine is out this week. $12.99

R😎

 

1D9B9DB3-63FE-4F3F-83DD-E571BF9BFD67.jpeg

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, reids said:

Centennial Media’s Music spotlight Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary collectors edition magazine is out this week. $12.99

R😎

 

1D9B9DB3-63FE-4F3F-83DD-E571BF9BFD67.jpeg

That's awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s even a few pictures rarely seen in other similar magazines over the past few years in this one. 

R😎👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, reids said:

There’s even a few pictures rarely seen in other similar magazines over the past few years in this one. 

R😎👍

Grabbed this yesterday. Thanks for the heads up !

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

Grabbed this yesterday. Thanks for the heads up !

Cheers

You’re welcome 😊 

R😎👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wont read anything that has anything to with Mic Wall. That guys book "When Giants walked the Earth" Was so full of opinionated crap it was a waste of money to buy. Led Zeppelin story has been told a million and 1 times, why do I need to hear how "stair way ...." was constructed when the singer himself trashes it every chance he gets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 5:33 AM, strombringer101 said:

Wont read anything that has anything to with Mic Wall. That guys book "When Giants walked the Earth" Was so full of opinionated crap it was a waste of money to buy. 

That book cost Mick Wall his friendship with Jimmy Page, who felt he shared things that were off the record. I don't think Jimmy has spoken to him since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That book cost Mick Wall his friendship with Jimmy Page, who felt he shared things that were off the record. I don't think Jimmy has spoken to him since.

Is the book any good Steve? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×