Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
irondirigible

If ABBA can come back and release brand new songs, maybe Zeppelin can too.

16 hours ago, JAP said:

Im not sure RP has moved on .

His own words suggest he can’t get past JBs death and other sad events when it comes to LZ.  He draws a link between the two 

I agree 100%. 

I meant he moved on musically. 

On 4/30/2018 at 7:33 PM, jabe said:

Fuck it!
I'd would welcome any collaboration between the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin including Jason Bonham
I could give a shit what the "band" would call itself.

I would relish an attempt at studio time between these four to see if anything of merit emerges.
No defined expectations, think not of monetary profit if possible, and limit lawyers as possible....

Just delving among inspiring locales (if needed) and  situating in a compatible studio.
See where it leads.

(name the album, "jabe")

:you_rock:THIS...thank you (well, except maybe the name of the album!)!

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

:you_rock:THIS...thank you (well, except maybe the name of the album!)!

The album could be called "No Cure Is Known", which would be fitting, as there is no remedy, nor should there be, for the cleansing of Led Zeppelin from one's system.
I would expect like results from a new project regardless of what the band called themselves.
No Cure Is Known.

Their album would be a bit of a different animal for sure, but it would have the 2 main creative forces of the band, as well as its original basis and the son of the drummer.  Pretty hard not to call that Led Zeppelin.  Such an album would arguably be more of a Led Zeppelin original album than CODA was, since CODA is basically a compilation of out takes and left overs.

Purists might scoff at such an album, but if it were done of their accord, it would be very interesting. 

Zeppelin's legacy is so great that no amount of bad or inauthentic music released now could possibility take anything away from it.  To suggest that their legacy could be tarnished is downgrade their level of greatness.

Coda, despite its limitations and later added overdubs, was a Led Zeppelin album. How could a new recorded album with 3 ex members and the son of another, thirty eight years later, be more of a Led Zeppelin "original" album than Coda, even if it was only left overs and out takes?

There is another reason why I would find Led Zeppelin recording brand new material uneasy. If new work exists then the record company would in this day and age want them to do the media trail.  Cast your mind back a couple of years to the trial and how the media (comedians, commentators and music journalists) really stuck the boot in. No Peter Grant to protect them and a rabid media with an agenda stemming from decades ago. They have tried so hard to make their legacy about the music. A couple of dodgy interviews and press conferences could set that back years.  

2 hours ago, anniemouse said:

There is another reason why I would find Led Zeppelin recording brand new material uneasy. If new work exists then the record company would in this day and age want them to do the media trail.  Cast your mind back a couple of years to the trial and how the media (comedians, commentators and music journalists) really stuck the boot in. No Peter Grant to protect them and a rabid media with an agenda stemming from decades ago. They have tried so hard to make their legacy about the music. A couple of dodgy interviews and press conferences could set that back years.  

Yes, this is true.  But maybe they could just do a select grouping of interviews.  A couple of late night talk shows, 60 Minutes, some BBC shows and then that's it.

Or, they could do none at all, as infuriating as that would be to some in the media.  But there are some unusual things that do happen in the music world.  Some artists have released 'surprise albums' with no media hype or build up.  Wouldn't that just be lovely.  Out of absolutely nowhere -- you're listening to the radio and they sudden announce that a brand new Led Zeppelin song is about to play!  Or its reported on CNN that Led Zeppelin did a surprise short show in a dingy little pub somewhere in England.

Of course we're in fantasy land here, as this is a very unlikely thing to happen.  And its not even the desire of any of the the surviving members, making it even more unlikely. But there is no harm in fantasizing. 

New Led Zeppelin music in 2018? Seriously? You guys are out to lunch. 🙄

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

New Led Zeppelin music in 2018? Seriously? You guys are out to lunch. 🙄

Yes they are and there isn't a bit of food on the menu!