LZ's 50th Anniversary not a happy one everyone.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:15 AM, Jukkin said:

I disagree.It's not about entitlement it's about the hunger to see the band for themselves, just once. When Lennon died, George Harrison famously said that "The Beatles will not be getting back together as long as John Lennon remains dead". And so that was that. However, with Zeppelin it's different, Page and JPJ wanted to continue after 2007 but Plant nixed it. Fans want to see their heroes in the flesh, playing the music they love. So, if there is the slightest chance that Plant might change his mind, they will continue hope and interviewers will continue to ask because of that hope - was it two million applications for O2 tickets? Tells you all you need to know about how desperately fans want to see the band. Is it demanding? Sure. However it is nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with passion, for the band and for the music. You can't knock fans for hoping against hope, it's human nature.

Bullshit. Just as it was definitively over for the Beatles when John Lennon died, Led Zeppelin ceased to exist the moment John Bonham passed away. You can slight John Bonham's importance all you want, but Robert Plant and the rest of us know the real deal. Without John Henry Bonham it ain't Led Zeppelin and it is not worth trying to fake it on some cash-grab stadium tour.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Bullshit. Just as it was definitively over for the Beatles when John Lennon died, Led Zeppelin ceased to exist the moment John Bonham passed away. You can slight John Bonham's importance all you want, but Robert Plant and the rest of us know the real deal. Without John Henry Bonham it ain't Led Zeppelin and it is not worth trying to fake it on some cash-grab stadium tour.

And that applies to each of the 4. No question.

Could do it, but just not Zep.

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 8:55 AM, andrew r said:

He usually trots out "i am not that man anymore "    "we couldn't do it justice "

"show some respect for John's memory "  "that was then, if you want nostalgia listen to the records"

In reality i feel he views Led Zeppelin as a necessary evil  that alllowed him to advance this far with his career.

He has no intention of going back. As far as the o2 is concerned check his body language at the encore 

something changed (was something said about doing it again) that made him completely against any 

mention of a reformation. That continues today.  Alternately it's just ego ."Iam bigger than that band 

can't you all see it?"

No ! He doesn't feel he is bigger than the mighty Zep! U saying that shows> you just don't know Robert!  However I've yet to read the new interview because it doesn't come up ? I still haven't read it, so I really shouldn't comment because I haven't got all the recent information.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:56 AM, andrew r said:

Guilt yes, he more or less had given up on Zeppelin and Bonham by 1980 

Bonham must have been a nightmare at this point to deal with  so you move on and protect yourself 

Then the inevitable happens ,you are now free to pursue a solo career ,but the guilt, could you have helped ?

Would he still be here ? dogs you forever. (and yes i speak from personal experience of this situation)

His early solo stuff ( from "Pictures through Manic")  holds its own just fine! 

Well, this is a complicated matter.You could go back to the P/P projects and call Jimmy and Robert traitors. But at the 02 gig

the band had to somewhat radically lower the pitch of like 40% of the played songs as Robert had lost much of his vocal range.

I must say it was a good show, but a number of the detuned songs IMHO really changed a lot of the feel and color of the original songs. To me, this reunion thing going to a full tour, I still can't quite say whether it would be good or bad.

Archived