pick one

Sue Dounim

Of these potential recordings from the July leg of the 1973 American tour, with only one choice you can make, which would you pick to have come out for all to hear? I'm sure most of you will say Baltimore, but for my money I'd want Pittsburgh as I love that show.

A complete tape of the second night in Detroit
the rest of the Buffalo soundboard
the rest of the Seattle soundboard
a complete Providence soundboard
a complete Baltimore soundboard
a complete Pittsburgh soundboard
the first 45 minutes of NYC 7/27

2 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

Of these potential recordings from the July leg of the 1973 American tour, with only one choice you can make, which would you pick to have come out for all to hear? I'm sure most of you will say Baltimore, but for my money I'd want Pittsburgh as I love that show.

A complete tape of the second night in Detroit
the rest of the Buffalo soundboard
the rest of the Seattle soundboard
a complete Providence soundboard
a complete Baltimore soundboard
a complete Pittsburgh soundboard
the first 45 minutes of NYC 7/27

I'll be accommodating and say Pittsburgh. B)

40 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

I must admit, I've never listened to Pittsburgh, apart from Page's little "Midnight Rambler" tease, that being my favourite Stones song...

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

Baltimore for me as well. Easily plants best performance from 1973. His voice sounds fuller , more powerful and displays a level of range that he didn't have at any other show from 73 or any of the late 72 shows for that matter. Page is amazing at this show as well. His tone is incredible and has more overdrive and power then it did for the new York shows. His playing has a smoothness and fluidity that's on a higher level then many other 73 shows . I hear alot of Europe 73 page in this show . Providence is a very close second for me them maybe Pittsburgh.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, LedElvis75 said:

Listening to your Pittsburgh remaster now!  Phenomenal show.  NQ is just insane.  Guess I'll pick this one for a complete sbd tape.

Agreed about NQ.  DC is also fantastic at this show, great overall concert.

Pittsburgh and Providence are close but for me I’d have to pick Baltimore Plant sounds phenomenal as does the rest of the band, is there any other shows in 73 where Robert sings the Stairway finale as powerful or almost as powerful as Baltimore’s just curious?

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Providence.

Boston or Baltimore would be my second choice.

But I'm curious why you left Boston off the list? 

The shortened setlist and the crowd violence, as well as Plant being a little vocally worse than usual were disqualifiers for me.

So I was going to give a listen to Baltimore...hmmm, not in my iTunes? Odd, let me get the CD......hmm, can't find it, check my notes...huh. I don't have Baltimore? How did this happen? Ha! So anyway, I found it and grabbed it, will give it a listen! Thanks for the thread, it alerted me to a show I neede

Archived