Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sue Dounim

pick one

Of these potential recordings from the July leg of the 1973 American tour, with only one choice you can make, which would you pick to have come out for all to hear? I'm sure most of you will say Baltimore, but for my money I'd want Pittsburgh as I love that show.

A complete tape of the second night in Detroit
the rest of the Buffalo soundboard
the rest of the Seattle soundboard
a complete Providence soundboard
a complete Baltimore soundboard
a complete Pittsburgh soundboard
the first 45 minutes of NYC 7/27

Baltimore is indeed a great show, but I'd take Providence!

Have to go with Providence 

2 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

Of these potential recordings from the July leg of the 1973 American tour, with only one choice you can make, which would you pick to have come out for all to hear? I'm sure most of you will say Baltimore, but for my money I'd want Pittsburgh as I love that show.

A complete tape of the second night in Detroit
the rest of the Buffalo soundboard
the rest of the Seattle soundboard
a complete Providence soundboard
a complete Baltimore soundboard
a complete Pittsburgh soundboard
the first 45 minutes of NYC 7/27

I'll be accommodating and say Pittsburgh. B)

I must admit, I've never listened to Pittsburgh, apart from Page's little "Midnight Rambler" tease, that being my favourite Stones song...

40 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

I must admit, I've never listened to Pittsburgh, apart from Page's little "Midnight Rambler" tease, that being my favourite Stones song...

PM sent

I really need to go back through these, but from memory I'd take Providence. Page is ridiculous on No Quarter.

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I really need to go back through these, but from memory I'd take Providence. Page is ridiculous on No Quarter.

Sure is 🔥

Providence, a new & complete AUD source, with sound quality as good as the Seattle AUD tapes.

Posted (edited)

How about the complete multi tracks for Seattle 1973 ?

Edited by mknopfler

Great topic Sue!

I pick Baltimore. The AUD tape is pretty poor and the performance is spectacular, so a soundboard would be a gift from the gods. But really any of the above would be great!

Baltimore definitely. If that were to come out I think it would become one of the more respected shows from that era.

Baltimore for me as well. Easily plants best performance from 1973. His voice sounds fuller , more powerful and displays a level of range that he didn't have at any other show from 73 or any of the late 72 shows for that matter. Page is amazing at this show as well. His tone is incredible and has more overdrive and power then it did for the new York shows. His playing has a smoothness and fluidity that's on a higher level then many other 73 shows . I hear alot of Europe 73 page in this show . Providence is a very close second for me them maybe Pittsburgh.

Listening to your Pittsburgh remaster now!  Phenomenal show.  NQ is just insane.  Guess I'll pick this one for a complete sbd tape.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, LedElvis75 said:

Listening to your Pittsburgh remaster now!  Phenomenal show.  NQ is just insane.  Guess I'll pick this one for a complete sbd tape.

Agreed about NQ.  DC is also fantastic at this show, great overall concert.

Pittsburgh and Providence are close but for me I’d have to pick Baltimore Plant sounds phenomenal as does the rest of the band, is there any other shows in 73 where Robert sings the Stairway finale as powerful or almost as powerful as Baltimore’s just curious?

Providence.

Boston or Baltimore would be my second choice.

But I'm curious why you left Boston off the list? 

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Providence.

Boston or Baltimore would be my second choice.

But I'm curious why you left Boston off the list? 

The shortened setlist and the crowd violence, as well as Plant being a little vocally worse than usual were disqualifiers for me.

This year is by far my favorite and I've never heard a version of Baltimore that I can get into. . So I guess it would have to be this SB. . 

So I was going to give a listen to Baltimore...hmmm, not in my iTunes? Odd, let me get the CD......hmm, can't find it, check my notes...huh. I don't have Baltimore? How did this happen? Ha! So anyway, I found it and grabbed it, will give it a listen! Thanks for the thread, it alerted me to a show I neede