Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
gibsonfan159

Nitpicking Page 1977

Posted (edited)

Another excellent review. I agree that this show is nowhere near the LA shows, but I don't think it's quite as bad as many make it out to be. Jimmy's erratic yes. Plant is hoarse yes. But Bonham's on fire and Jones (vocals notwithstanding) is solid as usual. And there are some good highlights like NQ, TYG, the acoustic set, and STH. I prefer the audience recordings for this cause they mask a lot of the flaws and the gig actually comes across as being pretty good. What do you plan on doing next? Tempe perhaps? :lol:

Edited by ZepHead315

5 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Another excellent review. I agree that this show is nowhere near the LA shows, but I don't think it's quite as bad as many make it out to be. Jimmy's erratic yes. Plant is hoarse yes. But Bonham's on fire and Jones (vocals notwithstanding) is solid as usual. And there are some good highlights like NQ, TYG, the acoustic set, and STH. I prefer the audience recordings for this cause they mask a lot of the flaws and the gig actually comes across as being pretty good. What do you plan on doing next? Tempe perhaps? :lol:

I can review Tempe for you: 💩

27 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

I can review Tempe for you: 💩

At least that is a happy turd which is much better than a sad turd.

58 minutes ago, IpMan said:

At least that is a happy turd which is much better than a sad turd.

Because Tempe "Achilles" is such a turd, you can't help but laugh...

5 hours ago, bluecongo said:

I request Ft Worth 77 review

I second that.  And the Cleveland, Pontiac, Birmingham & New York shows...

On 6/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

I second that.  And the Cleveland, Pontiac, Birmingham & New York shows...

I am probably in the minority but not a big fan of the Ft. Worth gig, Jimmy is just a mess in places. Now the second Cleveland show, Pontiac, Birmingham, and all but one NY gig are all simply amazing shows. Pontiac is almost flawless as are the four of the six NY shows. I never heard Birmingham but  people have said it is also very good.

Edited by IpMan