What conspiracy theories do you think are real or are ridiculous?

gibsonfan159

1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

And who are they?

Well, there are Sasquatch experts and there are actual scientists who can produce substantial evidence that dismisses the real-world possibility of Sasquatch existing. The same goes for most, if not all conspiracies.

Regarding the earlier civilizations, I was referring to the period only as far back as 25,000 years ago. We have seen through our own history how quickly humans can advance thus it is quite easy to have been at our current technological state at least four times and been destroyed. There is actually plenty of evidence re: the Giza Pyramid Complex, Puma Punku, etc. which show stonework done on extremely hard, brittle rock which could only be accomplished with advanced technology such as lasers. Plus, as mentioned earlier, geology does not lie. The Sphinx has been recently dated to around 12,000 - 10,000 bc with the absolute earliest construction period being 8,000bc due to erosion patterns. The Giza Pyramids were not built during the third dynasty as historical texts have always claimed and the most recent estimates place the date of construction at least 3,000 years earlier, or around 5,800 bc. Besides the famous Giza Pyramids, there are, I believe seven other pyramids of similar size and construction (but not exactly the same) which run along a line north to south. The real kick is geologists discovered the placement was not random as all these periods were built around the same time along the bank of the Nile where it would have existed from 8,000 - 6,000bc before it began to shift eastward. 

Of course anything is possible, even people barely out of the stone age using advanced mathematics and building techniques is not impossible, however it is highly improbable. Plus, what are all pyramids built after the Giza and north-south longitude Nile Pyramids shitty ziggurat, smallish, poorly constructed crap? What, did the contractor take the techniques to the grave?

What I do not believe: Fake moon landings, chemtrails, the Illuminati, etc. That being said I do believe the world is controlled by corporations and oligarchs. Our governments are a sham.

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Well, there are Sasquatch experts and there are actual scientists who can produce substantial evidence that dismisses the real-world possibility of Sasquatch existing. The same goes for most, if not all conspiracies.

I was asking for names since you don't rate the people in the video U posted.

22 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Regarding the earlier civilizations, I was referring to the period only as far back as 25,000 years ago. We have seen through our own history how quickly humans can advance thus it is quite easy to have been at our current technological state at least four times and been destroyed. There is actually plenty of evidence re: the Giza Pyramid Complex, Puma Punku, etc. which show stonework done on extremely hard, brittle rock which could only be accomplished with advanced technology such as lasers. Plus, as mentioned earlier, geology does not lie. The Sphinx has been recently dated to around 12,000 - 10,000 bc with the absolute earliest construction period being 8,000bc due to erosion patterns. The Giza Pyramids were not built during the third dynasty as historical texts have always claimed and the most recent estimates place the date of construction at least 3,000 years earlier, or around 5,800 bc. Besides the famous Giza Pyramids, there are, I believe seven other pyramids of similar size and construction (but not exactly the same) which run along a line north to south. The real kick is geologists discovered the placement was not random as all these periods were built around the same time along the bank of the Nile where it would have existed from 8,000 - 6,000bc before it began to shift eastward. 

Of course anything is possible, even people barely out of the stone age using advanced mathematics and building techniques is not impossible, however it is highly improbable. Plus, what are all pyramids built after the Giza and north-south longitude Nile Pyramids shitty ziggurat, smallish, poorly constructed crap? What, did the contractor take the techniques to the grave?

What I do not believe: Fake moon landings, chemtrails, the Illuminati, etc. That being said I do believe the world is controlled by corporations and oligarchs. Our governments are a sham.

I agree with all of this except  for illuminati, which I  believe do exist. 

Scull and bones anyone? 

13 hours ago, chef free said:

One "Conspiracy Theory" that really bugs me is the "Faked Moon Landing".  Almost every bit of so-called evidence has been debunked, yet people continue to use "Were you there?" as "proof".

I'm getting worried that we are living in the new "post-facts" era.  This push for equality and inclusion has resulted in my hackneyed, un-researched spoutings being given equal merit compared to your, well researched, long term studies!

No one benefits from us being less informed!

100% this. It is more dangerous than people realise. Fake moon landing and Flat Earth people I will never understand if I live to a thousand years old. Elvis lives can be thrown in there as well.

6 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I was asking for names since you don't rate the people in the video U posted.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2101611-chemtrails-conspiracy-theory-gets-put-to-the-ultimate-test/

It's not hard to find actual legit studies on the subject. The people in that video are doing  nothing but making accusations and assumptions, which is what conspiracy enthusiasts thrive on.

4 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2101611-chemtrails-conspiracy-theory-gets-put-to-the-ultimate-test/

It's not hard to find actual legit studies on the subject. The people in that video are doing  nothing but making accusations and assumptions, which is what conspiracy enthusiasts thrive on.

Hmmm, Good points here!  Confirmation Bias plays a roll...  https://www.fs.blog/2017/05/confirmation-bias/

10 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I agree with all of this except  for illuminati, which I  believe do exist. 

Scull and bones anyone? 

Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's The Illuminatus! Trilogy ?  It's the book that brings together all conspiracy theories and unites them under one great conspiracy, The Illuminati!  But, to me it seemed like an inside joke for everyone who studies this kind of stuff, a satire.  Now everyone has taken it as truth and run away with it.  Get the book and see for yourself what you think...

2 hours ago, chef free said:

Hmmm, Good points here!  Confirmation Bias plays a roll...  https://www.fs.blog/2017/05/confirmation-bias/

Mark my words, confirmation bias will be the death of civilization. Nobody wants to be proven wrong, even if they know they are wrong. Civil wars have started over such instances.

7 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

77 scientists ?

I'm not even saying I  believe in chemtrails but there is a lot of scientists,  maybe even more than 77, saying they are real.

29 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

77 scientists ?

I'm not even saying I  believe in chemtrails but there is a lot of scientists,  maybe even more than 77, saying they are real.

Name them.

Edit: And link whatever substantial evidence they've presented to show the existence of chemtrails. Remember, we're not talking about the attempts that were made for cloud seeding. We're talking about commercial jetliners spraying chemicals on a large scale.

Edit 2: And there are only these 77 because nobody with a hold on reality believe it's a thing anyway. These 77 did the tests for no other reason than to satisfy the theorists. But like the article says, any evidence presented to someone with confirmation bias will quickly be tossed aside as "an attempt to hide the truth". 

Edited by gibsonfan159

Has anyone watched/read Steven Greers videos, books such as 'unacknowledged'. Yes its all the rehashed UFO cases we've all read before BUT instead of 'everyday' witnesses its testimonies from Military personnel, ex-CIA, NSA, air traffic controllers, airline pilots, presidential advisers etc . The video and the book are very convincing and the 'Disclosure' conferences/press briefings etc are very interesting, but they do leave alot of questions open....such as Why hasnt anything more happened since the first conference in 2001. Why havent we got more credible evidence especially in this day and age of mobile phone/videos etc, why hasnt Steven Greer been killed/assassinated. Its very much about a global political, corporate and science conspiracy, news, research, academia is all sanitised before it is released to the public but I can't imagine it being that efficient that 'they' whoever they are manage to keep the lid on all of this.    

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, IpMan said:

Why is it that Carbon dating only goes back 25K years, and then afterwards it's pure hypothesis?

11 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

But the Illuminati is conservative. "Read my lips, new world order".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NagYge8fSJM

Was I talking to you? No, Gibby? No disrespect. But I will be dealing with you directly in a few.

NWO? 8K Elite Globalists - Lucifer people posing as atheists. These people are sick.

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Why is it that Carbon dating only goes back 25K years, and then afterwards it's pure hypothesis?

The radioactive isotopes in the carbon decay full after around 25K, after that it becomes guesswork as that is how carbon dating works. The determine the decay of the isotope and that determines the age plus or minus a century or so and depending if any events, natural or otherwise occurred to contaminate the isotope.

36 minutes ago, IpMan said:

The radioactive isotopes in the carbon decay full after around 25K, after that it becomes guesswork as that is how carbon dating works. The determine the decay of the isotope and that determines the age plus or minus a century or so and depending if any events, natural or otherwise occurred to contaminate the isotope.

In otherwords, after 25K.... WTF

Edit to say: Up to that point, what "scientists determine" is supposed to be a "given". This is because people don't know any better, because we aren't scientists. In summery, we are supposed to trust what whatever we are told to believe by "so-called experts" that have never lived 25K+ years ago, right? Call me Mr. Skeptical. :lol:  I want pictures.

People can believe science from inaccurate instruments of measurements re: 25K+, yet cannot accept written history from 2K+. Will wonders ever cease.

Edited by apantherfrommd

3 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Who cares? Not everyone has to be nice. You are nice. Stick around.

Gibsonfan  is quite obviously looking to belittle anyone with a different opinion. They just want conspiracies to be brought up so they can knock em down.

But thank you for your lovely comment, Panther