Rick Barrett is Sick and Needs Your Help

buckeye

Hopefully this is in the proper area.  Please move, if needed.

I think most of you know who Rick Barrett is?  Rick is THE defacto expert of all things Zep collectable.  For many years he ran Merit Adventures, a Zep memorabilia company that sold probably as much stuff as most of us combined.  Rick now sells a bit on ebay.  Recently, Rick has hit some bad times.  He now has colon cancer and is having a hard time financially.  Rick's friends and family have set up a Go Fund Me page, where we can all give a little something to help him.   Rick is a dear friend of mine.  He's as a straight-shooter as you'll ever find.  A wonderful person who has love the band we love as much as anyone!  Please consider contributing!  Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-move-a-mountain-for-rick-b

Eye Thank Ewe

Bruce "the Buckeye" Deerhake

PS - don't be concerned if the money goes beyond his goal.  This is going to be a long-term thing for him, with multiple treatments.

Edited by buckeye
added info

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to read about this, haven't been buying for as long or as much as some have been, but he is a great person to get Led Zeppelin memorabilia from, every time I have ordered Led Zeppelin stuff from him, he always has sent neat little extra Led Zeppelin stuff with my order which is very cool, I like buying from him for that reason, and there is always a hand written thank you, very nice. Went ahead and ordered from his site this week.

• 10 months later...

Update on this.  His battle continues.  His finances are in a very bad way.  Please consider helping him.  Here is a link to the latest news on him:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-move-a-mountain-for-rick-b?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-155520378192-a89f40905c0540a4&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

• 6 months later...
On 4/16/2019 at 9:22 PM, kipper said:

Are you this buckeye?

http://www.oldbuckeye.com/

Many years ago I joined a couple of other forums (now defunct) which were linked to that webpage.  Anyone ever hear from Bud and Gypsy?

Yes, this is me :) My webpage is very dilapidated these days.  I haven't heard from Bud in a while.  Unfortunately, Lori Gypsy passed away about 3 years ago :(

Best,

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 4:01 AM, buckeye said:

Yes, this is me :) My webpage is very dilapidated these days.  I haven't heard from Bud in a while.  Unfortunately, Lori Gypsy passed away about 3 years ago :(

Best,

Bruce

Nice to hear you are still around. Sorry to hear about Gypsy. Nice lady.