Star Wars’ Solo: The most amazing confusion ever?

TheMadIrishman

BEFORE YOU ENTER OR EVEN THINK ABOUT PRESSING ON THIS FORUM, THERE IS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR STAR WARS: SOLO. PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND AT YOUR OWN ADVISE...

So to start of this series of nonsensical jargon, we will be discussing the highly heated topic of Solo- the most recent Star Wars spin off. Now here we get into super spoilers and nerdom as we sail in the Falcon towards this discussion. 

We we all saw (if your in here I assume you’ve seen it) the new film Solo. To me, it was a fanstatic film. It had all the cheeky little details and oozing nerdish features that a Star Wars fan appreciates. The branding of Hans last name, the meeting with Chewbacca, the game with Lando and the winning of the Millennium Falcon. HOWEVER, in the end Han’s “Girlfriend or Lover” Qi’ra meets with a holographic Darth Maul. Now to recap, Darth Maul was possibly one of the coolest Star Wars villains that was killed on after like 4 scenes in the Phantom Menance. He was “killed” by Obi-Wan in a battle of rage after the death of Qui-Gon Jin. 

Here’s the catch. Darth Maul, according to the cinematic universe was killed by Obi-Wan. But in the expanded universe tv series The Clone Wars (which takes place after episode II and before III), Darth Maul was brought back by his brother. After a whole series of shenanigans with the Emporer and Obi-Wan, he eventually gets killed in another tv series, Star Wars Rebels, by Obi-Wan (which takes place roughly 20-25 years before episode IV). Now at this point in time, he’s dead, Darth Vader and the Emporer are the remaking Sith Lords. 

Now here’s were things get tricky. Solo takes place roughly 11-14 years before episode IV. So at this point, Darth Maul is dead so how in the hell is in this Film!?!?!?! A potential solution to this is the “maybe” possibility of a Obi-Wan spin off film. Where Obi-Wan would meet Darth Maul again and finish him but this STILL doesn’t fit at all with the timeline. So please, give me any feed back on this subject or just what you thought about the film in general. 

18 hours ago, TheMadIrishman said:

BEFORE YOU ENTER OR EVEN THINK ABOUT PRESSING ON THIS FORUM, THERE IS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR STAR WARS: SOLO. PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND AT YOUR OWN ADVISE...

So to start of this series of nonsensical jargon, we will be discussing the highly heated topic of Solo- the most recent Star Wars spin off. Now here we get into super spoilers and nerdom as we sail in the Falcon towards this discussion. 

We we all saw (if your in here I assume you’ve seen it) the new film Solo. To me, it was a fanstatic film. It had all the cheeky little details and oozing nerdish features that a Star Wars fan appreciates. The branding of Hans last name, the meeting with Chewbacca, the game with Lando and the winning of the Millennium Falcon. HOWEVER, in the end Han’s “Girlfriend or Lover” Qi’ra meets with a holographic Darth Maul. Now to recap, Darth Maul was possibly one of the coolest Star Wars villains that was killed on after like 4 scenes in the Phantom Menance. He was “killed” by Obi-Wan in a battle of rage after the death of Qui-Gon Jin. 

Here’s the catch. Darth Maul, according to the cinematic universe was killed by Obi-Wan. But in the expanded universe tv series The Clone Wars (which takes place after episode II and before III), Darth Maul was brought back by his brother. After a whole series of shenanigans with the Emporer and Obi-Wan, he eventually gets killed in another tv series, Star Wars Rebels, by Obi-Wan (which takes place roughly 20-25 years before episode IV). Now at this point in time, he’s dead, Darth Vader and the Emporer are the remaking Sith Lords. 

Now here’s were things get tricky. Solo takes place roughly 11-14 years before episode IV. So at this point, Darth Maul is dead so how in the hell is in this Film!?!?!?! A potential solution to this is the “maybe” possibility of a Obi-Wan spin off film. Where Obi-Wan would meet Darth Maul again and finish him but this STILL doesn’t fit at all with the timeline. So please, give me any feed back on this subject or just what you thought about the film in general. 

Easy, that is hologram Darth Maul. The real Darth Maul's consciousness was transferred into a computer at the moment of death via the Force. He can now project himself anywhere as a hologram, kinda like Biggie and Tupac. Unfortunately Maul is gonna be pissed when he realizes his holographic light saber can't do shit since it is only, well, a hologram.

That is my story and Im sticking to it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure what someone could have thoroughly enjoyed about this movie.

Changed the dynamics. SJWs should be proud. They ruined a franchise.

poster-gunless.jpg

I noticed that they changed the poster to be more appealing to the more SJW crowd.

Probably the reason for the flop.  

May as well have changed to this:

DY6b1qlVMAA6av8.jpg

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Not sure what someone could have thoroughly enjoyed about this movie.

Changed the dynamics. SJWs should be proud. They ruined a franchise.

poster-gunless.jpg

I noticed that they changed the poster to be more appealing to the more SJW crowd.

Probably the reason for the flop.  

May as well have changed to this:

DY6b1qlVMAA6av8.jpg

First off, everyone knows Chewy can shred like a beast and those who feel otherwise, well, would be best if they agreed as you don't want to piss off a Wookee, especially one willing to shove a guitar up your ass.

In fact, I suggest another spinoff called Chewie, A Star is Born Wars. Chewie can be a struggling guitarist looking to hook up with a talented singer. Along the way he gets in adventures, acts as his own manager and security, and personally rips the arms off the assholes selling pirate posters in the hall. Who needs Peter Grant up in someones shit when Chewie can rip the guys leg off and beat him to death with it.

Cosmic energy then BASH! Indeed.

So I take it the movie was a dud?

The numbers don’t lie. “Solo” earned a disappointing $103 million in North America over its opening weekend and stalled out with $68.2 million overseas. At this rate, it will fall short of the $1 billion mark that each Disney-released “Star Wars” adventure has managed to fly past. The latest installment will struggle to make even half that amount globally. Analysts project “Solo” could end its run with approximately $400 million to $450 million in revenues, a dreadful result for a film that cost at least $250 million to produce and $150 million to promote.

And to think, it only cost $114,000 to make 'Night Of The Living Dead.'

Hollywood is out of their fucking minds.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:58 AM, IpMan said:

First off, everyone knows Chewy can shred like a beast and those who feel otherwise, well, would be best if they agreed as you don't want to piss off a Wookee, especially one willing to shove a guitar up your ass.

:lol: PLUNGE WARS. Too much Cosmic energy.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, redrum said:

So I take it the movie was a dud?

The numbers don’t lie. “Solo” earned a disappointing $103 million in North America over its opening weekend and stalled out with $68.2 million overseas. At this rate, it will fall short of the $1 billion mark that each Disney-released “Star Wars” adventure has managed to fly past. The latest installment will struggle to make even half that amount globally. Analysts project “Solo” could end its run with approximately $400 million to $450 million in revenues, a dreadful result for a film that cost at least $250 million to produce and $150 million to promote.

And to think, it only cost $114,000 to make 'Night Of The Living Dead.'

Hollywood is out of their fucking minds.

Always appreciate the movie info, Red. You're the best on the MOOOOVIE thread as well. I always look forward to your posts on that thread as well.

Yes this movie was a dud, sadly. IMO, they could have chosen a better actor for Lando and Han. My choice for Han Solo would have been Anthony Ingruber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLv993khfI  (this one is great!)

and of course below video where he's just goofing. Have a kind weekend, all.

Archived