Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Williams

Robert meets up with Jimmy & JPJ recently

Posted (edited)

Interesting to read in the Atlanta press interview with Robert ahead of Fridays opening night of tour) that he finally met up with Jimmy & JPJ recently.No dount based on what he goes on to say that just for Zeppelin 2018-2019 business purposes,presumably to agree content,releases etc.

Just wish it were for more than that but any hopes yet again sadly extinguished by Robert's continued party line in the interview.

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/music/robert-plant-golden-god-ages-gracefully-solo-career/vQ2NjtWEnYo7URPk7dE8KP/

Edited by Mark Williams
Add url

I may not like the idea of Robert Plant always turning down a Zeppelin reunion, though this has been the case since 1982. Led Zeppelin is done, at least with Robert as a singer. Furthermore I have read in this forum that Jimmy Page might not be able to play guitar anymore because of his hands. I don't know if that is true or not but the question has to be asked? "how come Page always claims he has new music coming" I personally think Page is not able to write new tunes.  

1 hour ago, strombringer101 said:

"how come Page always claims he has new music coming"

Ego and vanity. It's to keep his foot wedged in the doorway marked Viable Musicians, lest he be relegated to the Has Been Lounge. After 20 YEARS of this nonsense, it's simply impossible to take any of it seriously.

The only thing I've heard original from Page since Walking Into Clarksdale is the live performance where he played that longhorn guitar. That's it.

I love it that Plant says there were no dragon suits or bare chests at the meeting. 

The guys should be able to get together from time to time without it being a media story.  

If you’d like guys to meet random without a media story don’t be in a huge band. Anonymity goes out the window when you get big.  Don’t like it? Don’t be big. 

Would so love to be a fly on the wall at these get-togethers.

Are they like formal business meetings, are they strained like when they get together for on-screen rare interviews, or are they relaxed and discuss Zep reissues over a casual meal?

Would be fascinating to see the dynamics at play and the format.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ego and vanity. It's to keep his foot wedged in the doorway marked Viable Musicians, lest he be relegated to the Has Been Lounge. After 20 YEARS of this nonsense, it's simply impossible to take any of it seriously.

Think you are quite right there Steve. Jimmy developed some sort of aversion to playing in a live format a long time ago.I (as a loyal fan of 40 years) think that he's lost his nerve.The lack of any sustained performance is pretty much co-incidental with having given up the booze (in particular) since the early 2000's. The only standout exception over 20 years was obviously the O2 show,which I was hoping he would have taken strength from,with or without Robert.Sure Jimmy has a wry smile on his face when he hears U2's 'With or without you'.

Edited by Mark Williams
Spelling