1984 Film 'Scream For Help' Coming On Blu-Ray (JPJ Soundtrack)

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Death Wish and The Sentinel director Michael Winner’s 1984 cult classic thriller Scream for Help will be hitting Blu-ray for the first time this September via Scream Factory.

The British horror film was written by Tom Holland (Fright Night, Child’s Play) and former Led Zeppelin member John Paul Jones composed the music. It stars Rachael Kelly, David Brooks, and Marie Masters.

Extras are in progress and will be announced at a later date but until then you can check out the cover art. The national release date is September 18th but if you pre-order directly from Scream Factory they’ll ship it out two weeks early!

Scream-for-Help_blu-ray.jpg

Trailer:

Synopsis:

Terror invades an upper-class New York community as 17-year old Christie Cromwell cleverly uncovers her stepfather’s horrifying plot to murder her wealthy mother. She’s on to him, yet no one will believe her because she’s just a kid: smart, imaginative, maybe she’s just taken a crazy idea to the limit. Suspense builds when a series of shocking events confirms her worst fears. Alone, afraid and helpless, terrified Christie and her mother are held prisoner in their own home at the mercy of ruthless killers.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/275546/tom-holland-penned-scream-for-help-hits-blu-ray-this-september/

2 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

That is terrible.

Crackback is superb.  It and Spaghetti Junction point toward Zooma.  Crackback is one of my favorite post Zeppelin tracks.  The other good cut is Silver Train, with vocals by Jon Anderson and a great guitar solo by Jones.  A solid track.

The movie is almost unwatchable and best thing is JPJ's soundtrack.  Not his best work outside Zeppelin as solo albums and production credits (as mentioned with REM etc) much better.  Love Zooma!

I will be skipping this purchase as a bad movie and don't have blueray. My dvds and subscriptions work for me like Amazon and Netflix.

The soundtrack is an odd release. It doesn't contain any of the Incidental music... The creepy stuff. Some of that was quite good. 

It only has source music.. The songs coming out of the car radio or wherever.  

The movie itself is kind of weak, some real corny lines. But for some reason, I like it and will buy it..

There is an interview of Michael Winner in these pages somewhere where he talks about DW2, DW3 and Scream For Help.

Doesn't sound like he was that fond of JPJ.  

Archived