World Cup 2018 (Russia) Contest

LedZeppfan1977

19 hours ago, JTM said:

Two yellows in one game gets a red card, two yellows in different games gets a suspension in the next game. All accumulated cards are reset for the semi finals for the teams that get there..

So Denmark would not be a man short if one of those guys got another yellow card?  Only that guy would have to sit the next game?  It would take a red or two yellows for a team to play a man short?  Can a team be two men short in a game?

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So Denmark would not be a man short if one of those guys got another yellow card?  Only that guy would have to sit the next game?  It would take a red or two yellows for a team to play a man short?  Can a team be two men short in a game?

Yo Betting man. It's chillumpuffer or whatever my name is. I'm not explaining it to you as you wouldn't understand. Why are you so rude?

They all could be sent off if they (players) get a straight red or two yellow cards in a game.

I cant believe Germany pulled that off!   Those lazy taco benders let them slants score with two minutes left and win 2-1 instead of 2-0.  Pissed me off for sure. England tomorrow morning.  If they don't take care of Panama I'll give up.  As for the next game I see Senegal killing Japan.   Have no idea if the Columbia team will play a smarter game than the Japan game they gave away.  If so they can beat Poland.  Some huge games to determine who advances coming later.  Nigeria might just finish off Argentina.  

ATTENTION ON DECK!!!!!  TO ALL PLAYERS!!!

I WILL DO THE MATH FOR ROUND 1 ON THURSDAY EVENING.  (WHEN FIRST ROUND ENDS).  IN ROUND TWO, WE WILL AWARD 3 POINTS PER WIN.  RULES FOR THE 3RD ROUND WILL FOLLOW THE 2ND BUT THE WINNER OF THE CUP GETS 25 POINTS AND A PAT ON THE BACK! 😀

On 6/20/2018 at 9:32 AM, chillumpuffer said:

As i have said I have been in Portugal for 2 weeks and it may come as a shock to some, we chose not to watch TV or the "net" so as I arrived home after the tourney had started.

I asked you for over a month to start the contest for the World Cup and you told me you had it covered.  And then, you do not even participate.  But instead of putting your comments in the football thread, you chose to keep "pissin in my pool".  Yes Germany out.  Shocker as well as that Mexico score.  Mexico saved.  As for me, I need Switzerland and Tunisia to save my bacon after losing a few parlays on Germany's nonsense play.  So is another shocker coming?  Costa Rica?  I'd be shocked. 

image.png.185757c1809ac85fdfac6cfd65d0f7e0.pngThis is the current standings and the final of the first round will be up tomorrow night.  In case you were not aware.  Actually CBS, where I got this is behind the times.  Sweden are playing Switzerland, and Mexico is playing Brazil.  Some of these teams are very hard to read.  Great games followed by terrible ones.  Like Germany who are gone.  Mexico, are still in and saved by an unlikely ally.  S Korea!!!!!

We only have 6 players.  So all the teams are set for the knockout stage, only the England vs Belgium game coming up soon will determine which plays Japan or Columbia. 

Standings after round 1 are as follows and you can add them up, I have the lead and I am a bit surprised.  I give credit to those that picked Sweden.  I did not.  But I did pick Mexico and not much love for them elsewhere

LedZeppfan77    13

JTM                      12

ForEvermore        12

LedZed66             12

Remi                      12

Walter                   11

3 pts per win in next round, knockout.  We will know all matchups following England and Belgium.    Go England!

Sorry Walter, you are the only one whose champion pick is out.  Germany.  There are two for France, one for Belguim, one for Russia, and myself England

CBS_WC_Printable_Bracket_16_2.png                                           So I was thinking if we get enough interest, in the next 24 hours or so, we could start a new contest with this bracket? Now the 6 of us that are in for the original, can keep ours going as well?  But If I do not get at least our 6 original and at least a few more, I am not doing it.  We will just continue our existing contest.  But if guys like Zepcoda and Strider and more want in, we will do this.  Its up to you.  I actually think England were smart to sit their big boys like Kane and are in great position on this side.  I like their chances big time.

1 hour ago, LedZed66 said:

Uruguay
France
Brazil
Belgium
Spain
Croatia
Switzerland
England

Portugal:Spain was the only good game I saw. This is a wake up call for exciting football!!! :wakeup:

Thanks for putting your picks in.  We need the other 4 by tomorrow morning by first game.  Here are mine for this round (3 pts for each correct)

Uruguay (I will listen to Lalas on this toss up)

Argentina (not a France believer)

Mexico  ( going with my heart)

Belgium ( route for sure)

Spain

Denmark

Switzerland

England ( should have the original lineup and Vardy will come on to pad the score.  I hope)  But Kane will be ready.  Wondering if they go with Pickford?

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Portugal 

France

Mexico

Belgium

Spain

Croatia

Switzerland  

England

Great to see you made it Walter.  Good luck.  I  see another that is going to cheer for Mexico!!!!!  Go Me hee Co!!!!!  That should be a classic.  That Portugal game is a coin flip.  I only took Uruguay because I listened to Alexi Lalas.  But I am not feeling good about it at all. I think its going to go to PKs.  So are we all in?  Or is there one more?  I have to go look through the entries.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, zepscoda said:

Cheers 🍺

20180628_130326.jpg

Is that a Boddington?  I may crack a Guinness Stout tomorrow.  I am the only asshole that took Argentina?  All this love for France?  I just do not get it.  'I am going to take you bitch's down!!!!:lol:

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, zepscoda said:

Cheers 🍺

20180628_130326.jpg

24 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Is that a Boddington?  I may crack a Guinness Stout tomorrow.  I am the only asshole that took Argentina?  All this love for France?  I just do not get it.  'I am going to take you bitch's down!!!!:lol:

That looks beautiful! I know I'm not in it, but if I was, Rick, I'd be tempted to join you and Dallas! :lol: Man!

Best wishes to all!

TICK TOCK

WHER ARE YOU REMI AND FOREVERFMORE?

THE ROUND OF 16,  THE KNOCKOUT STAGE IS ALMOST HERE.  TWO HOURS.  GET IN HERE AND MAKE YOUR PICKS.  AND WHY DONT YOU TAKE A KICK AT THE CAN STRIDER AND CHILLUMPUFFER?  LETS GO.  FRANCE AND ARGENTINA ARE THE FIRST GAME. 

Archived