World Cup 2018 (Russia) Contest

LedZeppfan1977

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oh they will be alive.  But not a winner

You would think they'd give the teams more time to recuperate, at least a week. They're athletes, not machines.

France 2 - 1 Belgium (Coin flipping. Both teams played well, Belgium are the best team so far.)
Croatia 0 - 3 England (Croatia is a free ticket to the final for England)

It's great to see England have a winning side now. No semi-final for 28 years??? What went wrong? All the fantastic English player generations. All the great ManU teams, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry - all of them outstanding players. 28 years are simply unbelievable.

7 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

What a great game!!! Congrats to France and Remi for the 30 points! Vive la France 🇫🇷

Belgium robbed by goalie.  Big time.  And they should have gotten a free kick top of left corner box.   A foul by that dirty SOB that I hope England eats for lunch.  With Jagger in the house England has to win.  GO ENGLAND!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

What a great game!!! Congrats to France and Remi for the 30 points! Vive la France 🇫🇷

zepscoda too! Great pick guys. Everyone seemed to have this being a high scoring shootout.

5 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Belgium robbed by goalie.  Big time.  And they should have gotten a free kick top of left corner box.   A foul by that dirty SOB that I hope England eats for lunch.  With Jagger in the house England has to win.  GO ENGLAND!!!!!!

I agree but France were the better team. Fantastic defence. But both teams were great. And a fair game. Really fun to watch.

The Stones ended their tour in Warsaw on Sunday. Mick will have a great time tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

zepscoda too! Great pick guys. Everyone seemed to have this being a high scoring shootout.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice that. So, congrats to zepscoda too!

23 minutes ago, Walter said:

If not for the great saves it would have been.  I mean its not like they played like Russia.  They did not play sit back and be careful type of game.  They attacked from the git go

And Mr 0, JTM almost got lucky here.

21 hours ago, Walter said:

21 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice that. So, congrats to zepscoda too!

Let's go England!! 

Ah well, that's it then.  England's passing wasn't great, too many not connecting if they had it might have been a different story. England have had a great tournament but it wasn't to be. Croatia played dirty for most of the game (especially Lovren), in the end they were the stronger team.

Standings   

Remi   (30)     69

LedZed66   (20)   65

ForEvermore (20)   62

Walter  (20)  58

Zepcoda  (30)    54

LedZeppfan77  (0)  42     I am dead now that England has blown it.  A tough loss to swallow.  I thought they were the more talented team.  

JTM   (0)     40

Final game     30 pts and 20 extra for exact amount of goals

Weil get 25 points for the third place game and 10 extra for total score

Archived