LedZeppfan1977

32 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Standings   

Remi   (30)     69

LedZed66   (20)   65

ForEvermore (20)   62

Walter  (20)  58

Zepcoda  (30)    54

LedZeppfan77  (0)  42     I am dead now that England has blown it.  A tough loss to swallow.  I thought they were the more talented team.  

JTM   (0)     40

Final game     30 pts and 20 extra for exact amount of goals

Weil get 25 points for the third place game and 10 extra for total score

Bumping above thread.  Standings and next round points

Well, I'm sorry that I was correct on the result for today - I wanted to be wrong. Living in England for the previous 2 WCs resulted in some of the "quiet desperation" (in the words of Pink Floyd) seeping into my consciousness regarding England in the WC - that's why I usually didn't pick them throughout this contest, despite my wanting them to win anyway.

...moving on...

3rd Place game:

Belgium 2-1 England

Final:

France 2-1 Croatia

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You are not in this contest so have the respect to the rest of us and stop pissing in our pool bitch!!!!!

I will. Just don't swim in my toilet. Puta!

Does anyone else realize the 2022 World Cup will be played in an Arab nation, Quatar, and the tile game will be played December 18th!!!!!!  Just before Christmas?  That is fucked up and pure shit.  Bad news for most of us.  And they want to qualify 48 teams instead of 32.  That is crazy.  So just put the USA, Ireland and Scotland in automaticlly.  Italy, who I cannot imagine ever missing out again and the Netherlands.  The other African countries would be in.  Cameroon, S Africa, etc.  Not sure if the 48 team things will pass but its in Quatar.  Which sucks

14 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Does anyone else realize the 2022 World Cup will be played in an Arab nation, Quatar, and the tile game will be played December 18th!!!!!!  Just before Christmas?  That is fucked up and pure shit.  Bad news for most of us.  And they want to qualify 48 teams instead of 32.  That is crazy.  So just put the USA, Ireland and Scotland in automaticlly.  Italy, who I cannot imagine ever missing out again and the Netherlands.  The other African countries would be in.  Cameroon, S Africa, etc.  Not sure if the 48 team things will pass but its in Quatar.  Which sucks

I thought the 48 teams thing was going to be introduced in the 2026 tournament.

42 minutes ago, Remi said:

yeah it's for the 2026 tournament, not 2022

I just looked it up.  2022 is in Quatar.  Sucks

A.  How the fuck do you allow the World Cup to be played at Xmas time?

B  How the fuck do you even consider 48 teams?

28 minutes ago, Walter said:

Belgium 2 England 1

France 2 Croatia 1

no idea what time the matches are starting and no real desire to watch anyway...

Walter, did you just put your picks in for the game that is over?  I forfeighted the England game as I forgot when it was.  I missed it and you may have also.  So you cant get credit for the Belgium win if you put it in after the game and the post says 23 minutes ago?  Just questioning it, not trying to be a prick.  I really do not care but must be fair to other players.  I am sure you understand that

No problem - didn’t even know they had played already. I’ve been in class all morning and just got home a few min ago and remembered the 3rd place game was being played today.  Heading out to meet neighbors for the day. I’ll find out about what happened in the match later. ✌🏼

8 hours ago, Walter said:

No problem - didn’t even know they had played already. I’ve been in class all morning and just got home a few min ago and remembered the 3rd place game was being played today.  Heading out to meet neighbors for the day. I’ll find out about what happened in the match later. ✌🏼

No biggie Walter.  I forgot it also.  I should be dead last thanks to fucking England.  Still fuming.  I am so fucking disappointed.  They could have won this.  Should have been in final.  I blame the coach too for not seeing Walker for the sack of shit he is

I'm looking forward to the Final this afternoon.

I like the French team very much - again. In 2010 they were just a bunch of *ssholes. And I'm happy they've banned Benzema forever.

Paul Pogba is a fanastic player. What's José's problem with him? He is almost ruining Pogba's career.

Speedy Mbappé, N'Golo Kanté, Grizou, Lloris. What a fine team and they played very well during the tournament.

Denmark vs. Croatia was one of the worst matches I've watched. Russia vs. Croatia was also a bad match.

In the semi-final England was the better team in the frst half but they fall asleep in the second and after the 1:1 Croatia was the better team. They survived 3 extra times and 2 penalty shout-outs. That's incredible.

Alors, les Bleus  🇫🇷

Love football - f*ck FIFATM.

WorldTM CupTM inTM QatarTM isTM ridiculousTM. ButTM moneyTM rulesTM theTM worldTM andTM that'TMsTM whatTM youTM getTM.TM

Archived