Dublin 1971

wordev1977

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:34 AM, wordev1977 said:

I've always liked this better than Belfast Plant is phenomenally strong at both these shows I was wondering what is the best version of the show to get.

1971.03.06 The Performance Of Kells (Wendy) is my favourite. I've heard most of 'em!

front.jpg

back.jpg

20 hours ago, Mattius said:

1971.03.06 The Performance Of Kells (Wendy) is my favourite. I've heard most of 'em!

front.jpg

back.jpg

I can't get over how small the stage is - the power from these four master artists in such close proximity must have been just crushing. I just checked the timeline and see there's only five pictures from this gig. There's had to be at least a couple of others there with cameras and hope more pictures surface at some point. 

What I would not give for soundboards from the back to the club's tour. Bbc and the audience tapes for Belfast and dublin are all we have  as great as the BBC show is it's no where near as intense and powerful  as the 2 Irish shows. A zeppelin live at the marquee would be unreal. Plants voice in Belfast and dublin is unbelievable. This tour would be the last one where plant would still have 100 percent full use of his upper range. By late August it would start to slip.  What's really impressive about the Irish shows is that they had not played live in 5 and half months and they picked up right where they left off 8n September 1970.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived