Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
The Pagemeister

Robert Plant: Full Interview | House Of Strombo

Interesting that Plant talks about the fist pumping crowd in Manheim Germany composed of mostly males that made him recoil from his work with JP  in ‘98. Who did he think his audience would be compromised of? Still pandering to the shaken and stirred crowd that never was. Good grief already with the riddles and the meandering prattle too. Does he talk like that in the pub? Nah, I bet not.  

The greatest. Ever. 

Looks younger than he did last year or the year before that. 

1 hour ago, paplbojo said:

The greatest. Ever. 

Looks younger than he did last year or the year before that. 

+1

16 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Those fist pumping males are your FANS.  They made you rich.

I think it's all a smokescreen anyway. I've thought for a while the real reason he bailed on P&P was that by the '98 tour the African / world music stuff had been mostly stripped away and he suddenly realised it would soon turn back into "Zeppelin minus JPJ". (Even with that, Page said in an interview he wanted to bring JPJ in long term)

12 hours ago, 76229 said:

I think it's all a smokescreen anyway. I've thought for a while the real reason he bailed on P&P was that by the '98 tour the African / world music stuff had been mostly stripped away and he suddenly realised it would soon turn back into "Zeppelin minus JPJ". (Even with that, Page said in an interview he wanted to bring JPJ in long term)

It sounds like that is exactly what he is getting at when he brings up being in a large venue with a lot of fist pumping males.

On 6/19/2018 at 5:05 PM, bluecongo said:

Those fist pumping males are your FANS.  They made you rich.

I think he was using that not as a direct criticism of the fans, but more he wasn't interested in playing big arenas as well as things seeming to turn into a Zep reunion etc.