2 Photo Mysteries for Robert Plant

farmerfifi

Cant tell you any info unfortunately,  but does anyone know anything about the necklace he has on? I have always wondered about it. Was it custom made, who made it. He wore this religiously throughout all of 1977 on stage and off.

Any thoughts?

IIRC, I questioned this as well due to the fact that he is wearing a mic on his shirt. Was this for an interview? If so, what happened to it? And, was it by chance a filmed interview?

i found that the pictures were used in a 1983 hit parader magazine but the pics are definitely not 1983. the person who posted the 3rd pic somewhere on the internet called pic planthitparade1976.jpg. the pics look 1977 from what i have not been able to find out.

Robert Plant on the cover of Hit Parader October 1983.jpg

robertplant080.jpg

plant hitparade 1976.jpg

I'm certainly intrigued and still thinking it over. I'd say it's almost certainly 1977, and most likely an interview taped for publication or possibly radio broadcast. He's very relaxed in a casual environment, so this must have been with someone he trusted...perhaps Lisa Robinson in New York, for example.

2 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Did Robert do any interviews for the Old Grey Whistle Test during that tour ?.

Not that I'm aware of. If a photographer's credit was given, and we can determine to whom, it may help a lot as many photographers tended to work from a base location like London, New York, Los Angeles.

Archived