Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
achillestand

New "Song Remains The Same" 2CD/4LP/3DVD Deluxe Set

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LordStanley said:

The completist in me would, of course, like to own this release but $250 is pretty salty. I already own TSRTS on vinyl and the movie on Bluray. It will almost certainly be available for hi-res MQA streaming over Tidal  like the rest of the re-issues. Hell, I've even made my own 12 x 12 print for display. I might have to pass on this release unless the price drops dramatically, as in 40-50% off.

20180621_221757.jpg

Killer display!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

I'm totally buying without any hesitation.   It's been so long since I watched this and now have the chance for 5.1 BluRay with Sonic Sound.

HTWWW on BluRay is Amazing, this will be just as great

 

81Rszh8WwsL._SX522_.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in for the BD Audio, £35 for now, I'm sure the price will come down..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, blooze said:

Am I the only one curious why Thank You from the last night has never shown up in any form? Do we think it was even recorded?

It was recorded as I've heard it with great sound.  I think it wasn't included because as far as I know, it wasn't filmed as it was the final encore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, rm2551 said:

I doubt it. As I understand it there is no entire footage. What we have visually is it. If it turns out there is raw footage covering the entire shows, that in and of itself would be (I don't believe it) the most amazing thing released probably since the band disbanded.

I agree it would be fantastic.  I recently watched most of the film for the first time in a long time.  It is a pleasure to see the band onstage in 73 despite the production limitations.  I have the 2007 version. I'll stick with that for now.  

 

Edited by boogie woogie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The band should have released all of the recorded songs from MSG in the 1976 release. The songs were all recorded even though they might have not been all filmed. NO excuses. Wings released a 3 LP live set in 1976. ELP did so in 1974, and Chicago had released their 4 LP Carnegie Hall set earlier. If 1975 didn't show you that Zeppelin were the Biggest draw in the world, I don't know what would.

Zeppelin robbed in 1973 ? ? ?

Fans robbed in 1976.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2018 at 9:33 PM, The Rover said:

The band should have released all of the recorded songs from MSG in the 1976 release. The songs were all recorded even though they might have not been all filmed. NO excuses. Wings released a 3 LP live set in 1976. ELP did so in 1974, and Chicago had released their 4 LP Carnegie Hall set earlier. If 1975 didn't show you that Zeppelin were the Biggest draw in the world, I don't know what would.

Zeppelin robbed in 1973 ? ? ?

Fans robbed in 1976.

Absolutely. Well, I certainly hope along with many other die hards that this new LP and CD release will have the original soundtrack LP versions, remastered, and with the addition of the complete extra tracks...not simply another lazy audio rendering of the film versions. A definite early indication will be if the track timing for Black Dog is longer (2003 release ) or shorter (2007 release). 

Edited by porgie66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Just as long as there is a nickel to be drained by exploiting...the fans!"   :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, on this forthcoming 4LP set the 29 minutes of Dazed & Confused will be squeezed onto one side. The 2007 version has it separated over two sides. 29 minutes on one side, I don`t think this will necessarily improve the sound quality. Remember the Stones` Aftermath, their decision to give us the full "Goin Home" treatment (the worst jam on vinyl ever, only topped by Loves` "Revelation" on Da Capo) deteriorated the sound noteworthy.

Anyway, only will buy this if the 1976 version of No Quarter is on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 2:07 AM, The Only Way To Fly said:

Killer display!!!!

Thanks, mate. A work in progress. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$295 CAD (tax inc.) for the SDBS on Amazon.ca !!!! It's not worth it. It will be the one Zep SDBS not in my collection. With previously unreleased stuff coming out for the 50th Anniversary, I'll just have to take a pass on it.

 

I only paid $202 CAD (tax inc.) for the BBC and HTWWW SDBS... why is this one more expensive? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen the track timings for the CD or LP releases? I haven't yet seen them, only the track names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to sound negative, but Im going back to my vhs and my double lp. None of the edits get ALL.of the Dazed and Whole Lotta jam parts that are best for me.. but the 4lp actually makes me angry as it slices and dices the best bits. Zeppelin had a bullet proof image up until the first box set. It's been gimme gimme gimme ever since. I didnt buy any of the LP reissues. I did by Celebration Day on lp, this by contrast an appreciable value in terms of a lightly edited feel good performance with decent sound.  More recently took the option on the rsd release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there.

Today just realized The Song Remains The Same is also to be part of the remastered series.

Found it odd, as it was remastered in 2007. What do you expect folks? As 2007 sound it was, for my ears, a big disappointment. 🙄

Glad to read your comments as this album is my favourite, by far.

Cheers.

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 5:33 AM, The Rover said:

The band should have released all of the recorded songs from MSG in the 1976 release. The songs were all recorded even though they might have not been all filmed. NO excuses. Wings released a 3 LP live set in 1976. ELP did so in 1974, and Chicago had released their 4 LP Carnegie Hall set earlier. If 1975 didn't show you that Zeppelin were the Biggest draw in the world, I don't know what would.

Zeppelin robbed in 1973 ? ? ?

Fans robbed in 1976.

All of the songs were filmed over the three nights, as far as I'm aware, there were just gaps throughout that necessitated the Shepperton re-shoots in August '74 for editing purposes.  As for releasing it as a 3-LP set back in '76, that would have been epic for sure, but I think Jimmy Page saw the album more as a soundtrack than a proper live album per se, and the songs from MSG '73 that didn't make it to the album, either because of vinyl time constraints - the blistering version of 'Since I've Been Loving You' for example - or because they weren't included in the film, he likely purposely held back for the chronological live album he still planned to do at some point.

Frankly, this whole new reissue is the very epitome of meh... nothing new, re-remastered, exorbitant price tag... and why a program for a 1977 tour when TSRTS itself is entirely from 1973... and as to that included program for the Japan '77 tour... what Japan '77 tour???

If it had been the original 1976 album remastered and reissued now, it would be a different matter entirely... but seeing as Jimmy isn't bothered to do that, I'll not bother giving him more of my hard-earned dosh ... not until we get something of actual substance and not yet another pointless rehashed reissue.

I have the aforementioned original version of the album - Japanese SHM mini-LP textured replica sleeve - plus the 2007 Blu-ray, so I'm more than set with regards this album, thanks anyway Jimmy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch and listen to “Black Dog”, filmed in 1973 at Madison Square Garden in New York, and taken from “The Song Remains The Same” movie. A newly remastered version of the soundtrack is being released on September 7th.

Pre-save the album now to listen to the remastered version of ‘Black Dog’ in your library straight away: https://lnk.to/TSRTSpres

Pre-order options and more info at www.ledzeppelin.com


Watch the full video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHMrO-z0Og

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ledzeppelin/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have mentioned I hope the remaster is of the original soundtrack album versions, along with the non LP tracks.  And, I also hope that Dazed includes this bit from the original movie. 

23:23 - 23:29 in this clip.  

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Black Dog clip is from 2007, so the audio is not newly remastered.
Does this mean BD will now be complete on the soundtrack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Old Hermit said:

All of the songs were filmed over the three nights, as far as I'm aware, there were just gaps throughout that necessitated the Shepperton re-shoots in August '74 for editing purposes.  As for releasing it as a 3-LP set back in '76, that would have been epic for sure, but I think Jimmy Page saw the album more as a soundtrack than a proper live album per se, and the songs from MSG '73 that didn't make it to the album, either because of vinyl time constraints - the blistering version of 'Since I've Been Loving You' for example - or because they weren't included in the film, he likely purposely held back for the chronological live album he still planned to do at some point.

Frankly, this whole new reissue is the very epitome of meh... nothing new, re-remastered, exorbitant price tag... and why a program for a 1977 tour when TSRTS itself is entirely from 1973... and as to that included program for the Japan '77 tour... what Japan '77 tour???

If it had been the original 1976 album remastered and reissued now, it would be a different matter entirely... but seeing as Jimmy isn't bothered to do that, I'll not bother giving him more of my hard-earned dosh ... not until we get something of actual substance and not yet another pointless rehashed reissue.

I have the aforementioned original version of the album - Japanese SHM mini-LP textured replica sleeve - plus the 2007 Blu-ray, so I'm more than set with regards this album, thanks anyway Jimmy...

IF all or most all songs were filmed, then I would like the option added to view the filmed parts over the fantasy parts.

Led Zeppelin, in 50 years,  have never released a proper live album, imo. TSRTS is the closest. HTWWW does not thrill me as much as the TSRTS. People love to cite Robert's vocal range on HTWWW. Bonkers!! I love Robert's presentation in 1973 better than 1972, regardless of the vocal range. The soul and the spirit of 1973 is better than that of 1972. My opinion, of course.

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hercoflex said:

The Black Dog clip is from 2007, so the audio is not newly remastered.
Does this mean BD will now be complete on the soundtrack?

Pre-save the album now to listen to the remastered version of ‘Black Dog’ in your library straight away: https://lnk.to/TSRTSpres

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John M said:

As others have mentioned I hope the remaster is of the original soundtrack album versions, along with the non LP tracks.  And, I also hope that Dazed includes this bit from the original movie. 

23:23 - 23:29 in this clip.  

 

   

Oh how I wish we could have a complete video of the concert from just that camera angle. I fucking hate all the chopped up close ups, and out of sync editing. But that's the movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Rover said:

IF all or most all songs were filmed, then I would like the option added to view the filmed parts over the fantasy parts.

Whilst all tracks were (more or less) filmed, there were numerous gaps throughout as I stated (cameraman reloading film, particular angle not covered, etc) that made for holes in proper editing coverage and which necessitated the re-shoots 13 months later...  and like it or not, the 'fantasy' sequences are part and parcel of the movie, for better or worse, we don't always get what we would like in life, so you're stuck with 'em!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×