New "Song Remains The Same" 2CD/4LP/3DVD Deluxe Set

achillestand

50 minutes ago, Strider said:

Another damn wasted opportunity to finally present the 1973 MSG concerts in proper form.

Aye, that's the truth. There's no reason why the single disc audio, whatever the fuck it is ...DVD DVD -A , BluRay, can't have the songs in proper sequence. 

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Another damn wasted opportunity to finally present the 1973 MSG concerts in proper form.

59 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Aye, that's the truth. There's no reason why the single disc audio, whatever the fuck it is ...DVD DVD -A , BluRay, can't have the songs in proper sequence. 

Jimmy answers to no one, especially "the fans."

5 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Just as it should be.

I don't expect him to answer....I just wanted the shit done right! So now we have a possibly better EQd version of the same thing we got in 2007, with some new artwork... but no remaster of the original soundtrack , not even a proper track sequence for the bluRay audio. Also, the Blu Ray doesn't come with the Deluxe set , it's a stand alone item, it has the four songs not originally in the film, which seems lame and worthless , unless they re-edited the footage and did a better sync. The editing on those songs is dreadful, mainly because there was not much footage to work with. I can't stand watching OTHAFA and MM, camera angles switching every second, clips of other songs, nights ....terrible. Back to the bootlegs. 

I have the Blu-ray audio disc. "The Ocean" is included as Track #10, sandwiched between "The Rain Song" and "Dazed And Confused."

The 24 page booklet, has the notes that are same ones written in 2007 by Cameron Crowe. I will say, that for a product like this that's being bought by a whole lotta fans now over 50, they could have easily used a larger font, and each page certainly shows that they had to room to do it!

The entire 15 tracks are in 5.1 Surround DTS HD Master Audio & in Stereo High-Resolution Linear PCM Audio

Plus Video of C Day, OTHAFA, M M Hop, & The Ocean.

Exclusive Photo Gallery

The outside of the case and the outside of the album has a faux leather imprint on the black cardboard.

The UPC # is 6-03497-85892-7

The Catalog # is BD2-567649

5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I don't expect him to answer....I just wanted the shit done right! So now we have a possibly better EQd version of the same thing we got in 2007, with some new artwork... but no remaster of the original soundtrack , not even a proper track sequence for the bluRay audio. Also, the Blu Ray doesn't come with the Deluxe set , it's a stand alone item, it has the four songs not originally in the film, which seems lame and worthless , unless they re-edited the footage and did a better sync. The editing on those songs is dreadful, mainly because there was not much footage to work with. I can't stand watching OTHAFA and MM, camera angles switching every second, clips of other songs, nights ....terrible. Back to the bootlegs. 

I agree with that. The NQ edit alone is a damn tragedy. Pity he did not go for gold. (Gold = the box set should have indeed been 'the final word' and included the BEST and FULLEST representation of what has come in various previous iterations of the release PLUS bonus content. Nothing left for the fans - it should have been ALL there). God knows the price tag warrants it.

Still, it's his to do what he wants. His reasons and choices are his own.

4 hours ago, The Rover said:

I have the Blu-ray audio disc. "The Ocean" is included as Track #10, sandwiched between "The Rain Song" and "Dazed And Confused."

The 24 page booklet, has the notes that are same ones written in 2007 by Cameron Crowe. I will say, that for a product like this that's being bought by a whole lotta fans now over 50, they could have easily used a larger font, and each page certainly shows that they had to room to do it!

The entire 15 tracks are in 5.1 Surround DTS HD Master Audio & in Stereo High-Resolution Linear PCM Audio

Plus Video of C Day, OTHAFA, M M Hop, & The Ocean.

Exclusive Photo Gallery

The outside of the case and the outside of the album has a faux leather imprint on the black cardboard.

The UPC # is 6-03497-85892-7

The Catalog # is BD2-567649

Thanks for the info. 

Jeez. . After all this re mastering and 2007 and 2018 versions with 5.1 and shit you can hear through dog whistles being blown on the dark side of the moon in versions spliced 6 ways to Sunday and songs just thrown for times sake I'm still listening to the same CD version I bought in 1988 and luckily still have the LP verion I bought in 1987 if I ever get a record player again.  All this seems to me (besides better audio) is a play on our emotions and our wallets which is why I choose to not buy. .IMO it just seems like a lazy cash grab. .  

5 hours ago, The Rover said:

Yes, Jimmy Page, single-handedly drives more people to the LZ Bootleg market than anyone alive! :D

Abso-fkn-lutely. . It's totally maddening . . Im not getting any hopes up for anything 50th except the dam LZ by LZ which is probably JP by JP part deux. . 

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Still, it's his to do what he wants. His reasons and choices are his own.

Agree with that sentiment-stop bitching and moaning folks-let’s be grateful for what Jimmy has given all of us over the years. He’s given us all he has, there is no more -get over it !

1 minute ago, Paganini said:

Agree with that sentiment-stop bitching and moaning folks-let’s be grateful for what Jimmy has given all of us over the years. He’s given us all he has, there is no more -get over it !

Dude, I am not grateful for this release....and this forum is tailor made for bitching and moaning! 🤣

Seriously though, you must admit....doing a remaster of the original sound track with the beauty of that No Quarter intact , the better Whole Lotta Love, the better Celebration Day, the fucked up edit on SIBLY corrected wouldn't have been a monumental task. It would have been relatively simple, and not beyond giving "us all he has". Of all their albums , TSRTS has been begging for a proper audio release for decades. I don't expect anything more about the film (even though there must be reels of footage, alternate angles , a "God shot "  from the audience) that would be so fucking amazing to see , synced up with the audio correctly. Now that would be a treasure for the fans....extra unseen bits from the film , even if they were incomplete!! Fuck me, imagine that!!??

But I digress. I do expect that a proper audio release with the issues I noted above , maybe the inclusion of the encore Thank You , even some alternate takes of songs would be giving us fans something of real value for the $$,  and make us really ecstatic. 

This release is lame. 

18 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Dude, I am not grateful for this release....and this forum is tailor made for bitching and moaning! 🤣

Seriously though, you must admit....doing a remaster of the original sound track with the beauty of that No Quarter intact , the better Whole Lotta Love, the better Celebration Day, the fucked up edit on SIBLY corrected wouldn't have been a monumental task. It would have been relatively simple, and not beyond giving "us all he has". Of all their albums , TSRTS has been begging for a proper audio release for decades. I don't expect anything more about the film (even though there must be reels of footage, alternate angles , a "God shot "  from the audience) that would be so fucking amazing to see , synced up with the audio correctly. Now that would be a treasure for the fans....extra unseen bits from the film , even if they were incomplete!! Fuck me, imagine that!!??

But I digress. I do expect that a proper audio release with the issues I noted above , maybe the inclusion of the encore Thank You , even some alternate takes of songs would be giving us fans something of real value for the $$,  and make us really ecstatic. 

This release is lame. 

I’m as disappointed as anyone with this release, yes I was expecting more from this and the 50th year in general. As we know JP is 74 now and probably starting to run out of steam -who wouldn’t be at that age, I’m only 55 and feel fucked most of the time !

Stuff like the edits etc on NQ probably don’t mean a whole lot to Jimmy, if you think about it from his point of view he must have played that track 100 times live-all differently- and not listened to the same version 100’s of times like we have. So the fact that’s it no longer excactly the same as the 76 release wouldn’t probably even register with him. 

6 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Seriously though, you must admit....doing a remaster of the original sound track with the beauty of that No Quarter intact , the better Whole Lotta Love, the better Celebration Day, the fucked up edit on SIBLY corrected wouldn't have been a monumental task. It would have been relatively simple.......

This release is lame. 

Let's hope the reason it's a bit lame is that JP is putting all his mental energies into sensational releases to celebrate the 50th. Which will emerge before Christmas and roll like a hurricane over the moribund world of popular music!

Or....it might just be some repackaged old BS that leaves us bitterly disappointed. Let's hope not...

Further on the Blu-ray audio disc:

The Menu music is TSRTS. I love that !! :thumbsup:

The photos that are shown, one per song, show little effort was made to match them to the song being played. IE, STH photo with The Rain Song. No Biggie overall --- just laziness from the World's Biggest Band.

11 hours ago, Paganini said:

I’m as disappointed as anyone with this release, yes I was expecting more from this and the 50th year in general. As we know JP is 74 now and probably starting to run out of steam -who wouldn’t be at that age, I’m only 55 and feel fucked most of the time !

Stuff like the edits etc on NQ probably don’t mean a whole lot to Jimmy, if you think about it from his point of view he must have played that track 100 times live-all differently- and not listened to the same version 100’s of times like we have. So the fact that’s it no longer exactly the same as the 76 release wouldn’t probably even register with him. 

Oh, please stop with the "He's 74 now..."

Lots of musical artists are over 75 and still have their Sh*t together enough to put out new material and/or tour.... Just Google it please, and be surprised at who's rocked / is rocking over 80. Until you can prove it, I won't believe that JP is senile. I'm free to call out laziness and sloppiness wherever I see it in Led Zeppelinland.

5 hours ago, 76229 said:

Let's hope the reason it's a bit lame is that JP is putting all his mental energies into sensational releases to celebrate the 50th. Which will emerge before Christmas and roll like a hurricane over the moribund world of popular music!

Or....it might just be some repackaged old BS that leaves us bitterly disappointed. Let's hope not...

My expectations are set so low, that being bitterly disappointed is *not* an option. :coffee:

2 hours ago, The Rover said:

Oh, please stop with the "He's 74 now..."

Lots of musical artists are over 75 and still have their Sh*t together enough to put out new material and/or tour.... Just Google it please, and be surprised at who's rocked / is rocking over 80. Until you can prove it, I won't believe that JP is senile. I'm free to call out laziness and sloppiness wherever I see it in Led Zeppelinland.

Macca. 76 years old, new album, still touring - looked and sounded good at Grand Central Station (YouTube).

I still am optimistic we will get some really good and somewhat unexpected live stuff this coming 12 months and beyond.

I will remain optimistic against the tide of these various forum threads. *I share the disappointment with TSRTS, but it is what it is. It's not the end of the world.

Archived