Potential Zep Reunion? Probably not.... but Maybe...

When i see the rolling stones playing some of the best concerts of their careers 

on the current uk tour it makes me weep at what could have been. Mick and Keith have had their differences 

over the years ,but the music, pride in performance (and the money!) always won out. Our" heroes"

can manage a book and possibly a tribute concert . Appalling really when you consider the love and affection they are held in by fans round the world.

A lot of this can be laid at the door of Plant's "gotta keep moving forward" bullshit plus Jimmy's "i will be playing soon " refrain which has left them 

locked out of their own band. Sad 

Currently extremely unlikely but imho, the press pumping out stories like this make it even less likely! 

Separate performances!? It’s all very nice but surely they could forget all the political  crap and wrap the evening up together? Perhaps by letting the cover bands handle some of the usual standards they could tackle a couple of deeper cuts or acoustic numbers? 

The possibilities are endless.

honestly, it’s  driving me nuts.

4 hours ago, andrew r said:

When i see the rolling stones playing some of the best concerts of their careers 

on the current uk tour it makes me weep

I doubt it mate. Far as I’m concerned that was pre 74 when Mick Taylor was in the band 

2 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

I doubt it mate. Far as I’m concerned that was pre 74 when Mick Taylor was in the band 

Totally. I saw some of the South American shows on the late 2016 tour (admittedly only video online which takes some of the sound quality away) and they sounded more like a Stones tribute band.

31 minutes ago, andrew r said:

I am talking about the current U.K. Tour 

do yourself a favour and look it up on you tube

Whatever enthused them this time,worked,  they are on fire!

Keefer forget to put out his cig again?

In terms of an anniversary celebration, I'd rather see anything but an anti-climatic "tribute" concert or lackluster reunion. I'd like to remember the band as they were in their prime, not as old men performing the music of their youth in a way that really doesn't due justice to their legacy. I'd be satisfied with a book from the band, and would be more than happy with the release of a live recording from 1968-1970 to commemorate  the band's anniversary.

21 minutes ago, Urozep said:

If they played with additional musicians filling in it could work. Again a Last Waltz concept would be creative and could work. As for Page. — no clue what’s up but it’s become a snooze!!

Oh God, please NO!  Let the 2007 O2 show be their SwanSong!

Maybe make a 45 minute presentation that covers their career in live video. Present it in a documentary fashion that focuses on a few minutes from each era with simple commentary from the band.  If done right it would be far more interesting than anything a tribute band or reunion could do.

I'd rather an interview/rockumentary type of "reunion" similar to It Might Get Loud - but with an interviewer to keep a structure/pace/drive. They could make it over a few days or more and cover the beginnings to the end nicely segmented with plenty of discussion on how songs formed, who had what ideas, sample licks and different things they tried, and a long groovy jam or two for good measure.

Cameron Crowe to be the interviewer.

That really is the only "reunion" I'd want to see now. The O2 was a nice bookend.

15 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Keefer forget to put out his cig again?

Very good i see what you did there 😉

They are on fire and still a going concern

unlike goldilocks and the 2 bears .

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I'd rather an interview/rockumentary type of "reunion" similar to It Might Get Loud - but with an interviewer to keep a structure/pace/drive. They could make it over a few days or more and cover the beginnings to the end nicely segmented with plenty of discussion on how songs formed, who had what ideas, sample licks and different things they tried, and a long groovy jam or two for good measure.

I would like to see that too. I have seen three great episodes of AXS TV's "Classic Albums" lately that could set a blueprint.  Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (I was amazed at how into it Waters was - he was serious, enthusiastic and reflective - none of his usual vitriol), Rush 2112, and Deep Purple Machine Head.  No stupid road stories and "behind the scenes" nonsense.  Just a clear focus on the music and how it was made, and why.  All three of the episodes are keepers that bear repeat viewings.  All of them have parts where they play back master tapes part by part so you can hear how the tracks were put together.  All of those episodes could have been twice as long.   If you have not seen them, seek them out.

If the surviving members could do something like those, that would be great.    

1 hour ago, John M said:

I would like to see that too. I have seen three great episodes of AXS TV's "Classic Albums" lately that could set a blueprint.  Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here (I was amazed at how into it Waters was - he was serious, enthusiastic and reflective - none of his usual vitriol), Rush 2112, and Deep Purple Machine Head.  No stupid road stories and "behind the scenes" nonsense.  Just a clear focus on the music and how it was made, and why.  All three of the episodes are keepers that bear repeat viewings.  All of them have parts where they play back master tapes part by part so you can hear how the tracks were put together.  All of those episodes could have been twice as long.   If you have not seen them, seek them out.

If the surviving members could do something like those, that would be great.    

Those were great episodes....you might enjoy the Judas Priest "British Steel" episode as well!  They actually used cutlery trays of silverware for a sound on "Metal Gods"!

I think we Led Zeppelin fans know that the band is done. 2007 was the last time we will see the remaining members on stage as a unit. Robert Plant has moved so far from Zeppelin it is almost a thought in a dream to him. Furthermore I don't think I would want to see a bunch of grandpa's singing songs of my youth. I think there is no joy in Zeppelin for Robert. Losing a child, then a good friend it is probably not worth the pain. Led Zeppelin in physical form is gone, though the legend will remain the same.  

Archived