Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
joncl

Song Remains the Same Re-Issue - No Quarter

5 hours ago, Brigante said:

The No Quarter edit really does pull you out of the song with a jolt and a lurch - it's a pretty cackhanded cut, I've got to say.
You really do need the original - and, like Walter said, that way you'd also have the old solo at the end of Celebration Day, too. 

Absolutely. You also need the original for the better edit of WLL. This new release will pretty much be worthless unless it's a remaster of the original soundtrack album, with all of the extra songs that weren't on the original.

Edited by porgie66

5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Absolutely. You also need the original for the better edit of WLL. This new release will pretty much be worthless unless it's a remaster of the original soundtrack album, with all of the extra songs that weren't on the original.

+1...We are talking to YOU Jimmy!!!

Just listened to the old vinyl this morning and compared the Celebration Day. Why did they switch out the vocals? The original had Plant almost matching the studio vocals. Plus they just had more character. The remaster sounds like he came into the studio and redubbed the whole thing against his will.

I think its fair to say that instead of putting right all the mistakes and differences between the film and audio from the original release, the new version just muddied the waters even further. obviously getting the extra tracks was fantastic, but then they added the horrendous edits

its not just that the new edits have omitted some cracking bits, NQ the funky section of WLL, its that the edits are so badly done. the worst edits I've ever heard on ANY album in 45 years of buying albums. that's not what I would expect from Zeppelin. newcomers to the band who bought the new version must wonder what all the fuss about the greatness of the band was all about. if id heard that album for the first time id think Page had cloth ears