Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Zufo

Robert Plant Oakland 07/24/77

Recommended Posts

Hi Cruz!!! I haven't seen you around for a very long time. I hope you can share more photos!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great picture ! I wonder if it's the usual jump that they use to do during Rock and roll

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, LZ77 said:

Hi Cruz!!! I haven't seen you around for a very long time. I hope you can share more photos!!

IMG_3430.thumb.JPG.2dcb8e1575b102523c9d4706650b516f.JPG

This is the way "cool" looks performing onstage - ️👁

Edited by Zufo
06/77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you know that these old photos are authentic? These days fake photos are way to frequent, way too easy to make. For example, a few years back, some folks that hate me spread fake photos of me doing things I would never do to people who knew me, personally and professionally. Those fakes were done so well nobody could tell they were fake. (the perils of the digital age)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know that MY photographs "are real" - I took them! - of course people do "copy" images - stealing is more like it - it happened to me - read about how a photograph of mine became the cover of a bootleg LP in trivia - I no longer sell them for that very reason - 

IMG_1617.JPG.963bb27c2457cabc274fcac116447a63.JPG

Edited by Zufo
⚡️👁⚡️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zufo said:

I know that MY photographs "are real" - I took them! - of course people do "copy" images - stealing is more like it - it happened to me - read about how a photograph of mine became the cover of a bootleg LP in trivia - I no longer sell them for that very reason - 

IMG_1617.JPG.963bb27c2457cabc274fcac116447a63.JPG

Oh c'mon Zufo, those are obviously pictures of Page & Plant doing things they would never do. FAKE NEWS!!! :hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Led Zeppelin by 1977 became what Bonzo feared most. {people coming to a concert just to see the band, not so much being interested in the music. Led Zeppelin still was a huge draw, though other bands took the mantle of hard rock. How could you enjoy sitting 300 level in the King Dome and enjoy the show. Echo in the dome was horrible, and the band wasn't playing at their best in majority of their shows. 

Image result for led zeppelin 1977 pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

Led Zeppelin by 1977 became what Bonzo feared most. {people coming to a concert just to see the band, not so much being interested in the music. Led Zeppelin still was a huge draw, though other bands took the mantle of hard rock. How could you enjoy sitting 300 level in the King Dome and enjoy the show. Echo in the dome was horrible, and the band wasn't playing at their best in majority of their shows. 

Image result for led zeppelin 1977 pictures

As you said, the echo was horrible and most of the kids were stoned off their asses. Zep could have farted into their mic's for 3 hours and the crowd would have still went ape shit and thought it the best gig ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 8:11 AM, strombringer101 said:

Led Zeppelin by 1977 became what Bonzo feared most. {people coming to a concert just to see the band, not so much being interested in the music. Led Zeppelin still was a huge draw, though other bands took the mantle of hard rock. How could you enjoy sitting 300 level in the King Dome and enjoy the show. Echo in the dome was horrible, and the band wasn't playing at their best in majority of their shows. 

Image result for led zeppelin 1977 pictures

I  have  noticed  that  in  many  of  your  posts, you  badly  criticize  1977. Have  you  ever  heard  Cleveland  4/28, LA, Birmingham, Pontiac  and  NY? These  are  great  concerts, most  of  them  better  than  1975

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, IpMan said:

As you said, the echo was horrible and most of the kids were stoned off their asses. Zep could have farted into their mic's for 3 hours and the crowd would have still went ape shit and thought it the best gig ever.

The  sound  quality  has  nothing  to  do  with  the  level  of  the  performance. The  Pontiac  77  show  is  brilliant  (the  audience  recording  doesn't  lie)

A  soundboard  of  this  show  is  in  my  top  10  list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask a couple of questions? How easy are soundboard recordings of concerts to get and how many do you have.  I am fascinated that posters here on the forum can name specific shows recorded in an era when fans were not supposed to be able to access these recordings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Can I ask a couple of questions? How easy are soundboard recordings of concerts to get and how many do you have.  I am fascinated that posters here on the forum can name specific shows recorded in an era when fans were not supposed to be able to access these recordings.

The  1980  and  many  1973  soundboard  recordings  were  stolen  from  Jimmy's  house. They  are  circulating  since  the  eighties  and  nineties. The  1975  and  1977  soundboards  are  a  different  story. They  probably  come  from  a  former  showco  employee  and  they  started  circulating  since  the  2000's  when  the  bootleg  company  empress  valley  started  their  "soundboard  revolution"  campaign. They  release  one  recording  each  year. All  the  soundboard  recordings  circulate  and  you  can  find  them  for  free  on  youtube  or  on  websites  like  "black  beauty"  or  "long  live  led  zeppelin." 

We  can  only  suppose  how  many  shows  were  recorded. For  1977, many  fans  in  the  zeppelin  community  (me  included)  believe  that  all  the  second  and  third  leg  of   the  tour  was  recorded. From  LA  1977, the  only  thing  that  circulates  is  a  soundboard  fragment  of  Jimmy's  noise  solo  (June  23)

I  personally  believe  that  the  Pontiac  Silverdome  concert  was  recorded  for  historic  purpose. In  my  opinion, all  the  remaining  soundboards  will  surface during  the  next  years. It  is  a  matter  of  time. Remember  the  rumors  about  the  9/28/1971  and   9/29/1971  shows  in  Japan. Many  people  were  saying  that  the  tapes  do  not  exist. But  they  recently  starded  circulating, one  song  after  the  other. Soon, we  gonna  get  the  whole  thing.

 

 

Edited by confounded_bridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the information. As a fairly new poster I was always slightly thrown by terms like soundboard which I assumed had little to do with bootlegs?. Always pleased to learn more on a subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, confounded_bridge said:

The  1980  and  many  1973  soundboard  recordings  were  stolen  from  Jimmy's  house. They  are  circulating  since  the  eighties  and  nineties. The  1975  and  1977  soundboards  are  a  different  story. They  probably  come  from  a  former  showco  employee  and  they  started  circulating  since  the  2000's  when  the  bootleg  company  empress  valley  started  their  "soundboard  revolution"  campaign. They  release  one  recording  each  year. All  the  soundboard  recordings  circulate  and  you  can  find  them  for  free  on  youtube  or  on  websites  like  "black  beauty"  or  "long  live  led  zeppelin." 

We  can  only  suppose  how  many  shows  were  recorded. For  1977, many  fans  in  the  zeppelin  community  (me  included)  believe  that  all  the  second  and  third  leg  of   the  tour  was  recorded. From  LA  1977, the  only  thing  that  circulates  is  a  soundboard  fragment  of  Jimmy's  noise  solo  (June  23)

I  personally  believe  that  the  Pontiac  Silverdome  concert  was  recorded  for  historic  purpose. In  my  opinion, all  the  remaining  soundboards  will  surface during  the  next  years. It  is  a  matter  of  time. Remember  the  rumors  about  the  9/28/1971  and   9/29/1971  shows  in  Japan. Many  people  were  saying  that  the  tapes  do  not  exist. But  they  recently  starded  circulating, one  song  after  the  other. Soon, we  gonna  get  the  whole  thing.

 

 

All of the 75-77 shows were recorded, the real question is, which of these are in possession by the "soundboard revolution" source.  Almost certainly, it's not all of them.  In particular I wouldn't hold my breath for the Pontiac show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response to you inquiry of me trashing the 77'.

Robert Plant and Jone's both said on video or articles that the 1977 tour was a sham. Plant stated they "were show boating most of the tour" 

Jones said he hated playing in huge stadiums because of the lost connection with the fans.

Jimmy Page did state that "The demand was so huge we had no choice but to play stadiums"    

I have The Destroyer, Dallas 1975, Berlin 1980, San Fransisco 1969* killer show.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, you  trash  77  because  Page, Jones  and  Plant  said  "we  were  show  boating  most  shows."

This  is  true  for  some  shows  (less  than  half)  but  definitely  not  "most  shows." 

To  my  ears, many  77  shows  are  brilliant, and  way  better  than  75. Definitely  NOT  "a  shame." Actually, only  8  shows  out  of  40  are  bad.

And  i  have  to  remind  you  that  Page's  memory  is  not  what  you  think. He  once  said: "I  don't  remember  most  of  the  77  tour."

Edited by confounded_bridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×