Wow! It finally happened!!!

dandak

1 hour ago, dandak said:

While driving today I was scanning the radio trying to find some Zep.

I did ...... it was NOT Fool In The Rain!!! 

Finally!!!!

Sure hope the DJ doesnt get reprimanded for playing Ramble On instead.

Is that some weird Ohio thing? They only play FITR? Every place I have lived in the states I never had that problem, they always played a variety of Zep.

I guess that's Ohio for ya. Go Buckeyes

Yeah. I never listen to "Classic Rock Radio". The last time during regular programming you would hear "In The Light" or "Tea For

One" was in the very early eighties at best. Although when the first box-sets and remasters came out, the situation did improve

somewhat for a year or two. Actually "Fool In The Rain" is actually I'm told played a lot. My two cents is that I started to listen

to FM rock stations about 1977, about 40 miles from NYC. So there were the local independent stations and a few city ones,

and 4 or 5 of those often played for 30 or 45 minutes no commercial breaks, and played EVERY Zep song from all the studio 

albums released up to that point. Then the corporations..........

23 hours ago, dandak said:

While driving today I was scanning the radio trying to find some Zep.

I did ...... it was NOT Fool In The Rain!!! 

Finally!!!!

Sure hope the DJ doesnt get reprimanded for playing Ramble On instead.

Get back to us when they play No Quarter, Tea for One or really anything from Presence, or gasp CODA!  Then you know you are dealing with a station that takes their Zeppelin seriously. :)

Another true story. I would drive from Ohio to either Wyoming or Montana every August or September for a backpacking trip. I think my 1988 Chevy S-10 was my first vehicle with a radio that had the ability to scan. So starting with the 1989 trip I would let the radio scan and would only stop it for Zeppelin or something else really good (Highway Star, Uriah Heep stuff, etc). I remember hearing Zep all the time during the 2 day drive out and the 2 day drive back. Yes I could have popped in a cassette but it was more fun to find the variety scanning offered. There was a cool station in Minnesota or South Dakota that called September the "Month of Zeptember" and would play the heck out of Zep. I just loved it!  Anyway, I just did my 30th trip last year for the eclipse and a small backpack trip, after a 5 year lapse (taking care of my ailing parents).  So once again I leave NE Ohio and let the radio scan. 2 days out, then a week later 2 days back. Thats a lot of radio. TOTAL tally: 4 Zeppelin songs!  Thats it! On the way out , of course FITR (Grrrrrr!!!). On the way back, of course FITR , then nearing Lincoln Nebraska: Kashmir, then later All of my Love. Thats it. Unbelievable. What happened?

Archived