Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mysticman560

New Jimmy Page Biography Released

On 8/14/2018 at 5:26 AM, mysticman560 said:

The book has been available since the end of July but I haven't seen a copy in the stores. Has anyone obtained a copy yet?

I’m reading a hardback at the moment.

Mine landed this morning. I opened a page at random and was regaled with how Jimmy had picked up a girl in Japan and Bonzo shat in her handbag while they were on the bullet train,
then how Jimmy got the shits in Bombay. About what we expected, then. Ah, well, can't say we weren't warned...

Here’s a radio interview with the author.

its funny...they are positively amused that little James Patrick from Surrey became “Britian’s Greatest rock star” ever, and made “more money than anyone” from rock n’ roll.

if you listen to this, Jimmy is absolutely normal and a product of his generation...why even bother to write a book?

very entertaining listen

5 hours ago, Brigante said:

Mine landed this morning. I opened a page at random and was regaled with how Jimmy had picked up a girl in Japan and Bonzo shat in her handbag while they were on the bullet train, then how Jimmy got the shits in Bombay. About what we expected, then.

Yep, just another pointless cash grab to coincide with the band's 50th.

5 hours ago, Realperson said:

Here’s a radio interview with the author.

its funny...they are positively amused that little James Patrick from Surrey became “Britian’s Greatest rock star” ever, and made “more money than anyone” from rock n’ roll.

if you listen to this, Jimmy is absolutely normal and a product of his generation...why even bother to write a book?

very entertaining listen

Listened to the interview, and they sounded like a couple of giggling school girls that you can't take seriously. The book certainly sounds like something that belongs in the trash heap.

Edited by mysticman560

50 minutes ago, mysticman560 said:

Listened to the interview, and the they sounded like a couple of giggling school girls that you can't take seriously. The book certainly sounds like something that belongs in the trash heap.

Yep, quite a bit of misdirection about this book from the interview it seems. Maybe because it’s BBC radio?  Says the point of his book is that people were scared of Jimmy in the 70s, and yet goes on to detail how he has longterm school mates who love him, he was not involved in any of the LZ scandals and everything he did at the time was perfectly normal for the time...can totally see how he got to that premise...not

I don't believe the second hand shop painting story.

Actually when Page appeared at Cadogan Hall in 2014 they asked the audience to submit questions, I submitted one asking where the painting was now but they didn't use it.

Like the inner sleeve it's perhaps better if it remains a mystery.