Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mysticman560

New Jimmy Page Biography Released

I finally caved in and bought this book. To my great surprise it's actually not bad.

One bit stood out for me though and made my jaw drop. It says that Mickie Most put cash up to help finance the first US tour in 68/69, and received 1% of Zeppelin's income in perpetuity.

Wtf?! That's not like 1% of the income of Dumpy's Rusty Nuts. That's serious money. Then it's never referred to again, annoyingly. I'd love to know if that's true, and if it is, if it was ever renegotiated.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:16 PM, the chase said:

It is a shame. Chris Cornell was so good.

Same with Michael Lee.. Jimmy had a Drummer he could really lock in with, probably the best match for him since John Bonham..  

Michael Lee's death was so sad. He was a tremendous drummer. He wasn't Bonham, but who is? I loved how he played and he always looked like he was having a ball.

12 hours ago, morningson said:

Michael Lee's death was so sad. He was a tremendous drummer. He wasn't Bonham, but who is? I loved how he played and he always looked like he was having a ball.

Agreed, what a talent.  Saw Page and Plant at MSG in July ‘98, they were on fire and my friend took to calling Michael Lee “Animal” after the famous muppet after watching the way he attacked his kit that night.