Black Dog 73 vocals

wordev1977

Curious to find out the best vocal performance of Black Dog from 73, I’ve always been disapointed with the few I’ve heard can anyone point out what they think may be the best one. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Yep, Baltimore.

Baltimore 7/23, Pittsburgh 7/24 and New York Night 7/27 (from what we've heard) are Plant's best vocal nights overall for 1973. And the band is right there with him.

Baltimore for the win, though.  Check out Eddie Edwards remaster. You gotta work for that experience due to the sound quality, but it's a nice reward when you hear that out-of-order Dazed and Confused and Plant actually trying to hit the high notes in Stairway to Heaven. 

8 hours ago, pluribus said:

Yep, Baltimore.

Baltimore 7/23, Pittsburgh 7/24 and New York Night 7/27 (from what we've heard) are Plant's best vocal nights overall for 1973. And the band is right there with him.

Baltimore for the win, though.  Check out Eddie Edwards remaster. You gotta work for that experience due to the sound quality, but it's a nice reward when you hear that out-of-order Dazed and Confused and Plant actually trying to hit the high notes in Stairway to Heaven. 

9 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Despite the recording being rough, I really like the version from 7/23 Baltimore. I personally think this is Plant's best show from 1973. He nails many of the high notes.

I’ve actually checked out Baltimore before it’s definitey one I’d wish a soundboard would be released for, can anyone tell me the best version of the Pittsburgh show?

1 hour ago, wordev1977 said:

I’ve actually checked out Baltimore before it’s definitey one I’d wish a soundboard would be released for, can anyone tell me the best version of the Pittsburgh show?

I like the Suedonim remaster. 

Archived