Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
wordev1977

Black Dog 73 vocals

Recommended Posts

Curious to find out the best vocal performance of Black Dog from 73, I’ve always been disapointed with the few I’ve heard can anyone point out what they think may be the best one. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the recording being rough, I really like the version from 7/23 Baltimore. I personally think this is Plant's best show from 1973. He nails many of the high notes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Baltimore.

Baltimore 7/23, Pittsburgh 7/24 and New York Night 7/27 (from what we've heard) are Plant's best vocal nights overall for 1973. And the band is right there with him.

Baltimore for the win, though.  Check out Eddie Edwards remaster. You gotta work for that experience due to the sound quality, but it's a nice reward when you hear that out-of-order Dazed and Confused and Plant actually trying to hit the high notes in Stairway to Heaven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pluribus said:

Yep, Baltimore.

Baltimore 7/23, Pittsburgh 7/24 and New York Night 7/27 (from what we've heard) are Plant's best vocal nights overall for 1973. And the band is right there with him.

Baltimore for the win, though.  Check out Eddie Edwards remaster. You gotta work for that experience due to the sound quality, but it's a nice reward when you hear that out-of-order Dazed and Confused and Plant actually trying to hit the high notes in Stairway to Heaven. 

 

9 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Despite the recording being rough, I really like the version from 7/23 Baltimore. I personally think this is Plant's best show from 1973. He nails many of the high notes.

 

I’ve actually checked out Baltimore before it’s definitey one I’d wish a soundboard would be released for, can anyone tell me the best version of the Pittsburgh show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wordev1977 said:

 

I’ve actually checked out Baltimore before it’s definitey one I’d wish a soundboard would be released for, can anyone tell me the best version of the Pittsburgh show?

I like the Suedonim remaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, pluribus said:

I like the Suedonim remaster. 

I checked it out it's a great show, I was surprised by how strong Plant was on the outro to Stairway.

Edited by wordev1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×