Stairway 75-77 Vocals

wordev1977

What would be the best sung version from these years I always find Robert doesn't seem to care much about Stairway during these years, also are there any versions where Robert sings the outro as powerfully as the studio it seems Robert quit after 73 but started to again in 80 in those final concerts.

11 hours ago, AchillesLastBand said:

Just to be clear, Robert never hit the original notes in the coda after 72. And even in 72 it was only at a handful of shows, at most.

ALB

That’s not to say there’s not a lot of great Stairways during these years, of course, and some strong vocal performances. Certainly there are some great ones in the ‘77 Forum run. About half of my listening over the past 6 months has been Zeppelin boots. 🙂

ALB

20 hours ago, AchillesLastBand said:

Just to be clear, Robert never hit the original notes in the coda after 72. And even in 72 it was only at a handful of shows, at most.

ALB

Robert hits the oringinal melody at Baltimore and Pittsburgh 73 and the 80 rehearsal,  Munich, and Berlin during the 80 tour. But thanks for the suggestions I’ll check them out.

18 hours ago, wordev1977 said:

Robert hits the oringinal melody at Baltimore and Pittsburgh 73 and the 80 rehearsal,  Munich, and Berlin during the 80 tour. But thanks for the suggestions I’ll check them out.

That's not the original melody. 

On the album the "Lady" is the highest note in the song (along with the "One is all" part). He doesn't try for either here. I haven't heard Pittsburgh '73 yet but am doubtful about it. 

ALB

Archived