Tiger 2019

Bozoso73

OK so tiger had a hell of a PGA championship and a pretty good year so will he break out of 10+ year slump in the majors and win one next year. . The Golf world desperately needs him to win. . For those who like golf anyways. . 

Golf’s a fickle sport. It seems he’s destined to win another major, but you just don’t know until it happens.  Augusta next year is always a good bet, but the US Open going back to pebble beach is also a favorable venue.

21 minutes ago, redrum said:

He can 'retire' and do the senior circuit. Not much else to prove.

Not until he’s 50. He has the all-time majors winner to shoot for. Only 4 away...still.  Great showing the past two majors is the inspiration for this thread, I believe. 

15 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

OK so tiger had a hell of a PGA championship and a pretty good year so will he break out of 10+ year slump in the majors and win one next year. . The Golf world desperately needs him to win. . For those who like golf anyways. . 

He will never win another major. The other players are not intimidated by him anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, redrum said:

Crazy, but many will pay.

We’ll see. It’s thanksgiving weekend, I believe. Lots and lots of college/pro football and fútbol that weekend. 

I wouldn’t pay to see it and I like them both. 

As the ratings show, Tiger still moves the needle like no one else. Golf definitely needs him back. As his recent form indicates, he still has prodigious talent but his unshakable confidence on the putting green is not back, and nor is his invincible aura that would strike fear in the other golfers. The new generation was inspired by Tiger but they don't fear him.

I think winning a major is within the realm of possibility for Tiger...the Masters at Augusta providing him his best chance. But I think Nicklaus' record is out of reach.

• 2 months later...

Archived