In Concert...

Pilot of the Storm

34 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Page didn't wear that outfit at Earl's Court, it looks like the first leg of the NA tour.

I believe I have only seen EC pics from the 23rd, 24th, & 25th. Are there any EC pics from the 17th & 18th out there?

13 hours ago, IpMan said:

I believe I have only seen EC pics from the 23rd, 24th, & 25th. Are there any EC pics from the 17th & 18th out there?

Getting geeky, those lights (?) on the front of the stage must give a clue. Are they there in other Earls Court pics?

15 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Page didn't wear that outfit at Earl's Court, it looks like the first leg of the NA tour.

Wow. Super eagle eyes. I can barely make out Page's outfit. Can you paste a pic of the outfit you're referring to? I'm going to check with my buddy that sent me those pics about the source of them. He did spin a yarn about them, but I just need to check one or two things out. My assumption was Earls Court based on Plants knotted blouse and the lights on the front of the stage. 

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Getting geeky, those lights (?) on the front of the stage must give a clue. Are they there in other Earls Court pics?

Those lights are in lots of other Earls Court pics... but I've since seen similar arrangements on stages in North America '75. Also see the attached pic. Mr Osbourne may well be correct, in which case I will stand corrected.

pitts75b_0.jpg

I'm fairly confident that the bottom pic is from Nassau Colliseum Feb 12 or 13, 1975...possibly one of the other NY shows

Is the top pic from the same show?  Maybe it's the light, but his shirt doesn't look like it;s the same pattern...different show?

This feels like 'Zeppelin Mysteries hosted by Pilot O' Storm' 😉

So this is account given to me by my buddy who sent me these two pics. The pics were sent to him by his (now long lost) female 'pen pal' in either 77/78 when he was in his late teens. She was from Birmingham (UK) and worked as an assistant in a photo lab. My buddy is also a UK resident. Both of the pictures have a faded 'Kodak' stamp on the rear. He believed she'd, shall we say 'borrowed' them from a customers developed film and upon learning of his love for all things Zeppelin decided to send him the copies. The pics have remained dormant in a box for 40 years! This is why I was leaning towards Earls Court, but, like I have previously mentioned, I am more than happy to be corrected based on other photographic evidence of the '75 North American Tour.

...and there you have it. Over to you budding detectives 🕵️‍♂️

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Pilot of the Storm said:

Wow. Super eagle eyes. I can barely make out Page's outfit. Can you paste a pic of the outfit you're referring to? I'm going to check with my buddy that sent me those pics about the source of them. He did spin a yarn about them, but I just need to check one or two things out. My assumption was Earls Court based on Plants knotted blouse and the lights on the front of the stage. 

Those lights are in lots of other Earls Court pics... but I've since seen similar arrangements on stages in North America '75. Also see the attached pic. Mr Osbourne may well be correct, in which case I will stand corrected.

pitts75b_0.jpg

I think you've answered your own question.  Page wore that outfit in many NA shows in '75 (e.g. the Pittsburgh show you posted).  I believe he wore the dragon suit at all the Earl's Court shows.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, IpMan said:

Except for pictures with the blue strat, I've never really noted which date particular EC photos come from, although I'd be very surprised if none of the very many available pictures come from the first two nights.  The question to me is, what reason is there to doubt that Page wore the dragon suit on the 17th and 18th?  I can't see one.

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Except for pictures with the blue strat, I've never really noted which date particular EC photos come from, although I'd be very surprised if none of the very many available pictures come from the first two nights.  The question to me is, what reason is there to doubt that Page wore the dragon suit on the 17th and 18th?  I can't see one.

Oh I agree, I was just curious if the 17th & 18th were as visually documented as the latter three dates, especially as the first two shows were added after the fact.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:18 PM, IpMan said:

Oh I agree, I was just curious if the 17th & 18th were as visually documented as the latter three dates, especially as the first two shows were added after the fact.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/may-17-1975

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/may-18-1975

Appears to be plenty of photos on this very site via these links 👍

On 8/18/2018 at 10:06 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

I think you've answered your own question.  Page wore that outfit in many NA shows in '75 (e.g. the Pittsburgh show you posted).  I believe he wore the dragon suit at all the Earl's Court shows.

You know, I think you're right 😂

I still think it's hard to really see Page's outfit and I can't decide if its light reflecting on his arm or it's that outfit in the Pittsburgh photo - probably the latter.

1 hour ago, Pilot of the Storm said:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/may-17-1975

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/may-18-1975

Appears to be plenty of photos on this very site via these links 👍

I thought that as well but I believe the photos posted for May 17th & 18th are for the whole of the EC run...I have no idea which pics are which date.

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

I thought that as well but I believe the photos posted for May 17th & 18th are for the whole of the EC run...I have no idea which pics are which date.

Yeah, the site is confusing, there doesn't seem to be a connection between individual pictures and the particular shows that they're grouped in.

• 1 month later...

Archived