Drum Battles I: Bill Ward (Black Sabbath) vs Lars Ulrich (Metallica)

TheMadIrishman

Bill Ward of course, Lars is a shitty drummer and his tone is perhaps the WORSE in music history. This guy is supposed to be playing metal yet his drums sound thin, hollow, and weak in general. I am not big fan of Metallica to begin with but those shitty drums. Forget it. Plus Lars is a world class douche. He obviously needed to start his own band just to get someone to hang out with. 

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Bill Ward of course, Lars is a shitty drummer and his tone is perhaps the WORSE in music history. This guy is supposed to be playing metal yet his drums sound thin, hollow, and weak in general. I am not big fan of Metallica to begin with but those shitty drums. Forget it. Plus Lars is a world class douche. He obviously needed to start his own band just to get someone to hang out with. 

Completely agree with you about his sound. For such a heavy band, the drums never really matched the sound. Plus as a person, he does come across as you put it - but you might get accused of being someone else here, by using certain terms. ✌🏼

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Completely agree with you about his sound. For such a heavy band, the drums never really matched the sound. Plus as a person, he does come across as you put it - but you might get accused of being someone else here, by using certain terms. ✌🏼

Who...me??? :whistling:

I wouldn't know because I don't listen to Metallica but Bill Ward certainly had his moments, some sloppy studio playing lets him down on occasion though.

I'd pick him over Ulrich because he seems like a nice bloke.

Archived