Deluxe Editions: CDs vs HD files

realillusions

This is my first post on this forum, which I've found very informative, so thank you to everyone for their time/energy spent on reading posts and writing useful replies, I appreciate that.

I wasn't following the reissues until recently, once I decided to look into the remastered versions of HTWWW and the upcoming TSRTS.

When I first listened to the 2003 issue of HTWWW I sensed something that to my perception wasn't quite enjoyable. I didn't know then what it was, but I recognized it nonetheless.

Now I know that what I found offensive was the lack of dynamic range in the mix. #loudnesswars.

I decided to revisit LZ's catalogue and research the Deluxe editions and see if they're worth the upgrade from the '93 "Complete Studio Recordings" set (which has a few inaccurate tracks that were discovered when I ripped the audio using dBpoweramp).

As I was watching YT videos and reading posts on the subject, I noticed that the Super Deluxe sets include download codes to HD files of the records; I considered buying the 96kHz/24bit downloads from HDtracks and alike vendors, however, this is substantially more expensive than buying the physical discs (but I still want the 96kHz/24bit mix) ; so I wonder:

• Do the CD-only Deluxe versions, include download codes as well?
  • Is there a way to rip audio files out from a blu-ray (HTWWW, and TSRTS -when it comes out) so that I can have the 96kHz/24bit PCM stereo mix on my (Mac) computer?    

Thank you in advance for your input.

You know there are plenty of threads already in progress on the subject but anyhow as far as your first question I believe I am correct that the download codes only came with the super deluxe editions...I think. Lol. I'm Pretty sure...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived