AXS TV Celebrates 50 Years of Led Zeppelin Every Tuesday in September

zeplz71

AXS TV Celebrates 50 Years of Led Zeppelin Every Tuesday in September

ad7ef3b1f4.jpg

AXS TV is showing “A Whole Lotta Love” to rock pioneers Led Zeppelin this September, presenting a roster of classic concerts, insightful interviews and acclaimed documentaries every Tuesday at 10pE/7pP. The special event is headlined by a daylong Saturday Stack: Led Zeppelin lineup on Sept. 29 starting at 1pE/10aP.

The Tuesday night set list kicks off on Sept. 4 with the acclaimed 2008 rock doc It Might Get Loud featuring guitar virtuoso Jimmy Page discussing the tools of his legendary trade. On Sept. 11, the hard rock pioneers blend music with cinema, creating a unique psychedelic odyssey in the 1976 Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The SameIt Might Get Loud airs again on Sept. 18, then, Led Zeppelin front man Robert Plant reflects on his childhood in post-war Britain, his biggest musical influences, and the powerful lure of music on The Big Interview With Dan Rather on Sept. 25.

The month culminates in an epic Saturday Stack block on Sept. 29, starting at 1pE at as Robert Plant takes the Windy City by storm in an intimate evening featuring Led Zeppelin favorites, solo staples, and more in Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation; followed by Plant’s sit down on The Big Interview With Dan Rather at 2pE; and Jimmy Page in It Might Get Loud at 3pE. Then, Plant puts a new spin on beloved classics such as “What Is And What Should Never Be,” “Rainbow,” and “Little Maggie” in Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters – Live At David Lynch’s Festival Of Disruption at 5pE. The block comes to a close with The Song Remains The Same at 6pE and 10:30pE and It Might Get Loud at 8:30pE.

Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary Celebration – Tuesdays at 10pE/7pP

• Sept. 4 – It Might Get Loud (2008)

• Sept. 11 – The Song Remains The Same (1976)

• Sept. 18 – It Might Get Loud (2008)

• Sept. 25 – The Big Interview with Dan Rather: Robert Plant (2018)

Saturday Stack: Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary – Sept. 29

• 1pE – Robert Plant and The Strange Sensation (2006)

• 2pE – The Big Interview with Dan Rather: Robert Plant (2018)

• 3pE – It Might Get Loud (2008)

• 5pE – Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters – Live at David Lynch’s Festival of Disruption (2016)

• 6pE – The Song Remains The Same (1976)

• 8:30pE – It Might Get Loud (2008

• 10:30pE – The Song Remains The Same (1976)

http://ventsmagazine.com/2018/08/23/axs-tv-celebrates-50-years-of-led-zeppelin-every-tuesday-in-september/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

AXS TV is what VH1 used to be, back in the day. Worth getting if you don't have it on your TV service.

Better than nothing, I suppose. I mean, I have all those on DVD so it's not something I would watch, especially with all of AXS commercial breaks. But for those that don't have the DVDs, it gives them something to watch. They should add the 1970 RAH show to the schedule, though...and the Earls Court and Knebworth footage on the 2nd disc while they are at it.

I wish AXS would do either a “Rock Legends” show on LZ or “Classic Albums” segment on one of their albums....I keep hoping to see it, but I guess they need the cooperation of the boys...I have no idea why they wouldn’t do something like this....

34 minutes ago, Realperson said:

I wish AXS would do either a “Rock Legends” show on LZ or “Classic Albums” segment on one of their albums....I keep hoping to see it, but I guess they need the cooperation of the boys...I have no idea why they wouldn’t do something like this....

Rock Legends is too short and simplistic to do justice to Zeppelin.  Classic Albums is much better but would take alot of cooperation and collaboration from the gents.

Too bad AXS TV cannot get the rights to show the Fathom Events theatrical release from March 2015 that was shown one night in theatres.  It had alot of footage from the DVD. 

16 hours ago, Realperson said:

Didn't VH-1 have something similar with Steven Tyler narrating? Cant think of the name of it offhand. Was several years ago.

17 minutes ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

Didn't VH-1 have something similar with Steven Tyler narrating? Cant think of the name of it offhand. Was several years ago.

VH1  Rock Legends Series

R😎

6 hours ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

Yeah, except it’s not the same as AXS Rock Legends....VH1 basically just had a script of facts/history read by Tyler that was punctuated by clips of the band and prior interviews cobbled together, all of which we’ve all seen before....what I like about the Rock Legends is that they have people—musicians, critics, producers etc—commenting on the group just for the show, and what happened during their run, and putting it in a broader context. It just scratches the surface because it’s only 30 minutes long, but an hour or 1 1/2 hour Rock Legends on LZ would be brilliant. Come on AXS! We know the boys will never do a documentary like this but they should....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived