Led Zepp listening to music

ausias

Given they were all huge music fans I would guess they listened to a lot of music, I remember reading that they would listen to Little Feat at soundchecks around 1975.

There are reports of Bonham listening to Alphonse Mouzon's Funky Snakefoot album in his hotel room during the '75 tour. John Paul Jones has also been quoted saying that Bonham & him listened to James Brown a lot.

Other than that, I can't really help you with specifics.

14 minutes ago, John M said:

great photo - is that the Ohio Players lp?

Hard to tell with that low-res quality of the photo. That was taken at the Ambassador East hotel in Chicago on the 1975 tour.

Neal Preston also has some great photos of Robert and Jimmy watching Little Richard performing in "The Girl Can't Help It" on the Starship.

There's no doubt they devoured music - all kinds. Just look at the medleys in WLL or HMMT. Really obscure stuff at times. Just think, when they were in their teens, there was no intranet, pop/rock radio in the UK at that time - forget it. Plus record shops in the UK at the time - they really had to seek it out - just like The Beatles and the Stones did.

It's obvious they were obsessed with music/Rock and Roll from a very early age.  And it serves its purpose.....

Archived