Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Just now, goldenretreiver157 said:

What are some good performances of The Ocean with good sound quality or goid playing

(preferably 1972)

I always liked the Kezar 73 version. Both good sound and performance.

I’ve tried to find good live performances elsewhere too, but really, the best is TSTS...hands down...that guitar tone is not as good in any other performance imo 

I would go with 7-28-73 (NY) and 7-21-73 (Providence).  Both had some nice improv that was usually lacking from what was usually a by-the-numbers encore.  (Honorable mention to San Diego from '73.)

No way HTWWW...Seattle 73 ( I know it's not 72) is the champ. The last verse after the aceppella is killer with Robert hitting the highs with emotion and Jimmy throwing in some interesting licks here and there. I think 73 was better than 72 because they mastered it live and Jimmy's tone is much better on the Les Paul. 

3 hours ago, Blaize86 said:

No way HTWWW...Seattle 73 ( I know it's not 72) is the champ. The last verse after the aceppella is killer with Robert hitting the highs with emotion and Jimmy throwing in some interesting licks here and there. I think 73 was better than 72 because they mastered it live and Jimmy's tone is much better on the Les Paul. 

Ya, robert hits more notes in 72 but i agree jimmys tone is better and robert messes up lyrics in 72.

seattle 73 is great playing but has crowd noise. Plant does very well for 73’ and its a powerful performance, better quality than kezar, although kezar is difficult to beat