Sept 25, 1968

Sticks of Fire

51 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

So he's saying this is the official 50th date? If so, that's bad news for new material.

I said something to that effect a month ago but the 50th might start next year to coincide with the release of the studio albums. . we will see. . 

11 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

So he's saying this is the official 50th date? If so, that's bad news for new material.

It's not supposed to be the date they went into Olympic studios, that was said to be a few days later (Mick Wall quoted the 29th). But those sheets prove it was the 25th. Interesting that they show work on Weds, Friday etc but not Thursday. Suggests the booking was done in a bit of a hurry.

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

It's not supposed to be the date they went into Olympic studios, that was said to be a few days later (Mick Wall quoted the 29th). But those sheets prove it was the 25th. Interesting that they show work on Weds, Friday etc but not Thursday. Suggests the booking was done in a bit of a hurry.

They went into the studio at 11PM on Wednesday so their studio time likely spilled into Thursday without a separate booking

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Wish there were photos from the session. I suppose no one thought it was an auspicious enough occasion. 😏

I guess to Glyn Johns or whoever it was just another band, just another session at first. But once he and others realised how good it was I'm surprised no one got a camera out and took a pic on the last day of recording or whatever, as at least a keepsake.

Interesting how it says "Yardbirds" NOT "New Yardbirds". I've never believed New Yardbirds was anything other than an office shorthand for "Jimmy's new band". Apart from that one poster for the Surrey Uni show on the 25th October.

Archived