Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary

sam_webmaster

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm only messing, I don't to take these things as seriously as you do.

There are people starving to death in the World, some millionaire rock star not turning up to a book launch isn't particularly high on my list of things that are 'beyond sad'.

Oh please "people starving" sell your car join a monastic order don't play that card 

and if Zep isn't important then why contribute to a board that deals solely with the activities of a defunct band

I repeat air must be thin  on top of the mountain where you view the rest of us mere mortals

31 minutes ago, andrew r said:

Oh please "people starving" sell your car join a monastic order don't play that card 

and if Zep isn't important then why contribute to a board that deals solely with the activities of a defunct band

I repeat air must be thin  on top of the mountain where you view the rest of us mere mortals

I don't have a car & it's not a 'card', it's called perspective.

I come on here to discuss Led Zeppelin & their music positively, because I love them. I find all the hand wringing & wailing about what Robert Plant is doing now beyond tedious if I'm honest.

Two of them didn't turn up for a book launch, it's a shame but in the grand scheme of things, it's not really worth getting upset about.

Edited by Mook

7 hours ago, andrew r said:

Did anyone notice that Page was the only surviving member 

at the book launch  of Zeppelin by Zeppelin on the 27th Sept . Zeppelin back drop photos and even a zeppelin embroidered

carpet  and only one member to stand on it. Beyond sad frankly 

No shock Plant wasn't there. He couldn't give a shit - never has, until of course he plays rubbish versions of Zeppelin songs in his shows or until those royalty checks roll in.

John Paul Jones? Very surprised there. Maybe he was "busy"

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I come on here to discuss Led Zeppelin & their music positively, because I love them. I find all the hand wringing & wailing about what Robert Plant is doing now beyond tedious if I'm honest.

Two of them didn't turn up for a book launch, it's a shame but in the grand scheme of things, it's not really worth getting upset about.

Now I understand why my English Language teacher said when I did a talk about the band in 1976 at school. 

" Led Zeppelin? Never heard of him!"

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

No shock Plant wasn't there. He couldn't give a shit - never has, until of course he plays rubbish versions of Zeppelin songs in his shows or until those royalty checks roll in.

Couldn't find the "car park"!

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The only reason you're surprised JPJ wasn't there is because you're not mad at him, and you are mad at Plant. 

6 hours ago, Mook said:

Agree 100%..

2 minutes ago, the-ocean87 said:

So Jimmy's "promises" remain nonsense as usual. Disappointing.

He promised "Over the next ten years". I think instead of releasing something to coincide with the first album anniversary, he will instead announce a release. That would make way more since anyway.

3 hours ago, the-ocean87 said:

So Jimmy's "promises" remain nonsense as usual. Disappointing.

Wait, next we will see a remastered "DVD" I guess. The only release that hasn't been re-issued yet. New live material remains an illusion.

Where’s the chronological live album he says he’s been wanting to release for the last 40+ years? If I can just get that, I’ll forgive him the rest of his lollygagging...

On 10/5/2018 at 4:07 AM, andrew r said:

Did anyone notice that Page was the only surviving member 

at the book launch  of Zeppelin by Zeppelin on the 27th Sept . Zeppelin back drop photos and even a zeppelin embroidered

carpet  and only one member to stand on it. Beyond sad frankly 

It's not sad at all....

What's sad is that fate did not allow professional live recordings and video from the '75 and '77 tours to be made and released.

IT's just a book with photos of Zeppelin that most long time fans have already mostly seen. The fact that it's in a book officially released by the band is not that big deal. The History of Zeppelin is mostly wrapped up in bootleg recordings and photos. That was their own doing. They've no one to blame but themselves...

Edited by The Rover

30 minutes ago, The Rover said:

It's not sad at all....

What's sad is that fate did not allow professional live recordings and video from the '75 and '77 tours to be made and released.

IT's just a book with photos of Zeppelin that most long time fans have already mostly seen. The fact that it's in a book officially released by the band is not that big deal. The History of Zeppelin is mostly wrapped up in bootleg recordings and photos. That was their own doing. They've no one to blame but themselves...

We all see things differently (an age thing maybe), I'm not in the least bit bothered there is nothing from the 75 and 77 tours (I don't count in house video). For me by 1973 Zeppelin as a live act had already peaked, I've got dozens of 75/77 shows but I much prefer listening to earlier shows, so I don't see where there is any blame. As for the book, I'll pick it up eventually, I'm in no hurry right now.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Precisely!

Love the way that some members take the high moral stance on what

they consider important .For me on this board its Zep. It's important to me ,in this setting at this time

If you want to debate world poverty and the morality of food banks in a supposedly 

first world country (U.K.) we need to meet on a different board maybe . Ok?

1 hour ago, andrew r said:

they consider important .For me on this board its Zep. It's important to me ,in this setting at this time

If you want to debate world poverty and the morality of food banks in a supposedly 

I think it's just the melodramatic way you post at times that attracts it, Led Zeppelin is pretty important to everyone on here I would guess.

The crying shame is that Zeppelin and Grant didn't have the foresight to properly record and document their history with just a few exceptions which we mostly already have.   I ve given up hope that there are any surprises left in the vault.  I just hope the rest of the board tape from 9/28 and 9/29  trickle out eventually 

56 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think it's just the melodramatic way you post at times that attracts it, Led Zeppelin is pretty important to everyone on here I would guess.

Collins english dictionary -melodramatic meaning-- theatrical, actorly, extravagant, histrionic, sensational 

it follows then that  i am the physical embodiment of Zeppelin 😂

2 minutes ago, andrew r said:

Collins english dictionary -melodramatic meaning-- theatrical, actorly, extravagant, histrionic, sensational 

it follows then that  i am the physical embodiment of Zeppelin 😂

Ha ha, aye - looks like you are.

Have a great weekend anyway.

2 hours ago, andrew r said:

No, if you can't be bothered by something you're supposed to log into a music forum and let everyone know you can't be bothered with it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm on my way to a town hall meeting to let them know I don't care either way.