Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sam_webmaster

Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary

Recommended Posts

50 years ago this week, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant convened in Olympic Studios in London to begin recording their debut album as Led Zeppelin.
To celebrate this historic golden anniversary, the band have unveiled three new digital-only releases today on all digital download and streaming platforms.

Led Zeppelin x Led Zeppelin: https://lnk.to/LZxLZ
An Intro to Led Zeppelin: https://lnk.to/IntroToLZ
Rock & Roll (Sunset Sound Mix): https://lnk.to/LZxRnRFr

#LZ50

lz50-icon.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I notice he’s sneaked the sunset sound mix of rock and roll in! So can listen digitally my vinyl copy doesn’t seem like the greatest pressing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I really like the video and visuals associated with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JAP said:

Well I notice he’s sneaked the sunset sound mix of rock and roll in! So can listen digitally my vinyl copy doesn’t seem like the greatest pressing

Glad this is finally released digitally!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer, No idea what Deezer is and I don't/won't do spotify or apple music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTM said:

Bummer, No idea what Deezer is and I don't/won't do spotify or apple music.

They have also put out “hi res” versions via hiresaudio.com and the like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really not too big with these streaming services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the three.  I only see one newish thing, Sunset Sound R & R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cousinlouie said:

New interviews with the band on Spotify tonight!!!!

Doesn’t seem to be available through Apple Music!? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50th Anniversary Interviews available now on Spotify...only 5 sec clips tho ..Confused !

Edited by Paganini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's 34 interview tracks available at the moment. 23 minutes in total:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zeplz71 said:

 

16 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

50 years ago this week, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant convened in Olympic Studios in London to begin recording their debut album as Led Zeppelin.
To celebrate this historic golden anniversary, the band have unveiled three new digital-only releases today on all digital download and streaming platforms.

Led Zeppelin x Led Zeppelin: https://lnk.to/LZxLZ
An Intro to Led Zeppelin: https://lnk.to/IntroToLZ
Rock & Roll (Sunset Sound Mix): https://lnk.to/LZxRnRFr

#LZ50

lz50-icon.jpg

A Great intro for beginners. Led Zeppelin 101.

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best band to ever walk the Earth. I do not care what they did backstage even though it makes for good readings. The Music those 4 created will stand the test of time. Generations from now will pounder in their cubical mind machine getting blasted by Zeppelin. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real 50th Anniversary celebration has begun, now that the new EVSD Japan 929 soundboard is in the wild. Man, what a show, and what an amazing sounding source, incomplete though it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tmtomh said:

The real 50th Anniversary celebration has begun, now that the new EVSD Japan 929 soundboard is in the wild. Man, what a show, and what an amazing sounding source, incomplete though it is.

Just been listening to Heartbreaker on YouTube. The sound quality is superb, the band are cooking, overall, miles better than the usual soundboard quality. Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone notice that Page was the only surviving member 

at the book launch  of Zeppelin by Zeppelin on the 27th Sept . Zeppelin back drop photos and even a zeppelin embroidered

carpet  and only one member to stand on it. Beyond sad frankly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is, I've had three failed suicide attempts since. I mean the carpet clearly cares more about the book launch than John Paul Jones.

How does he sleep at night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can imagine Plant saying "i'm washing my hair that night", but a bit surprised Jones wasn't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mook said:

It is, I've had three failed suicide attempts since. I mean the carpet clearly cares more about the book launch than John Paul Jones.

How does he sleep at night?

Bit heavy really .The carpet comment refers to the obvious thought gone into the launch

for only 1/3 of Zep to turn up

Air thin up there is it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrew r said:

Bit heavy really .The carpet comment refers to the obvious thought gone into the launch

for only 1/3 of Zep to turn up

Air thin up there is it ?

I'm only messing, I don't to take these things as seriously as you do.

There are people starving to death in the World, some millionaire rock star not turning up to a book launch isn't particularly high on my list of things that are 'beyond sad'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×