How old will you be for Zeppelins 100th anniversary

3 hours ago, TheMadIrishman said:

I just realized this but I’ll be 65 for Zeppelins 100th anniversary. How old (or maybe dead) will you be at this point

Haha, much needed levity in the master forum. You're a spring chicken.....I'll be 101. 

I turned 50 this year - I was born in Chicago in April 1968. And with achieving this milestone I'd been thinking a lot about Zeppelin and what was going on in Chicago and around the world at that time. Below are a few things that come to mind. 

Chicago Democratic Convention - MLK Assassination - Street Fighting Man was banned for air play in Chicago and in other cities - Riots in Chicago, Paris and Prague and elsewhere in the USA - not to mention a war dividing the entire country. It must have been quite something for the group to go on those first tours of America. I mean what a crazy time for the world - then came the 1970's. 

I'd be 100 years old in 2068 - More than likely deaf due to 85 years of very loud rock and roll - blind, as I can't read anything anymore without my glasses. No matter what, I'm quite sure of this - The Song Remains The Same.

I'll be 94 as well... but that brings up a good point. Widely available music (available to most people on radio, records, 8-tracks and cassettes) is a fairly modern construct. It makes sense that most people today are familiar with and enjoy listening to a wide variety of music from the 1950's onward because most people were alive when music from the '50s - today are still alive. However, in 2068, will people still listen to Elvis, Ray Charles, James Brown, Led Zeppelin, the Who, Rush, Willie Nelson, Pearl Jam, etc? Or will the sheer amount of music available be so large that older acts naturally fall off the radar? Will people that weren't alive during modern music's birth and heyday still be interested in that kind of music?

I've left Rolling Stones off of that list because Keith Richards will still be alive in 2068! 

On 10/1/2018 at 10:24 PM, The Only Way To Fly said:

I turned 50 this year - I was born in Chicago in April 1968. And with achieving this milestone I'd been thinking a lot about Zeppelin and what was going on in Chicago and around the world at that time. Below are a few things that come to mind. 

Chicago Democratic Convention - MLK Assassination - Street Fighting Man was banned for air play in Chicago and in other cities - Riots in Chicago, Paris and Prague and elsewhere in the USA - not to mention a war dividing the entire country. It must have been quite something for the group to go on those first tours of America. I mean what a crazy time for the world - then came the 1970's. 

I'd be 100 years old in 2068 - More than likely deaf due to 85 years of very loud rock and roll - blind, as I can't read anything anymore without my glasses. No matter what, I'm quite sure of this - The Song Remains The Same.

You and me both, southside boy from 33rd & Damien Ave born 1968. A damn fine year if you ask me, after all, we were both born :D

I will be 109.  When I was in college, friends wondered if I would still be listening to Zeppelin in my 40s and 50s.  Back then that seemed so far into the future as to be unimaginable.  I will be listening to Zeppelin as long as I can.

5 hours ago, Canadianzepper said:

Damn I never thought of this, you've given me some motivation to eat healthier and try to survive to that age so I can enjoy the celebrations!

Why? At that point, likely Nickelback and Poison will have had better 50th anniversaries than this one is shaping up to be...why torture yourself to stay alive to experience this boredom again....

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 2:41 AM, Realperson said:

At that point, likely Nickelback and Poison will have had better 50th anniversaries than this one is shaping up to be

Don't forget Creed! Overheard once - Guy listening to Creed says - "These guys are pretty good" Friend says "Ya the are" followed by a few seconds later by .... "Too bad they suck!". All apologies to Creed fans.