Source of Jimmy Picture (JP IN CAIRO)

phazedchinawhite

1 hour ago, phazedchinawhite said:

Anyone know the source of this picture of Jimmy with others? Looks to be around 1977 

tumblr_pe2o19UlJR1vngtn4_540.png

Definitely 77/78. Looks like he's hanging backstage in another band's dressing room. Must've had a special guest jam session. 

8 hours ago, phazedchinawhite said:

Anyone know the source of this picture of Jimmy with others? Looks to be around 1977 

tumblr_pe2o19UlJR1vngtn4_540.png

I don't think I've seen this before...it was uploaded on Tumbler about a month ago...this is possibly 1978...probably attended that other band's gig. There is an "EA" embroidered in those sunflowers (?)...perhaps that is a clue as to the name of that band, if they are a band that is.

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

The photo was taken with Cairo rock band Les Petits Chats, at the Cairo Sheraton. Here a photo of him jamming as well:

jp_les-petit-chats-b_CairoSheraton.jpg

I take it he had to borrow a child's guitar strap?

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I don't think I've seen this before...it was uploaded on Tumbler about a month ago...this is possibly 1978...probably attended that other band's gig. There is an "EA" embroidered in those sunflowers (?)...perhaps that is a clue as to the name of that band, if they are a band that is.

Hiya Steve -   Never saw this photo before either, but isn't that Swan Song's/JP's Assistant, Phil Carlo at the bottom, far left...?  Looks like him to me.....

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I take it he had to borrow a child's guitar strap?

Yeah, funky heh. He was likely able to play the guitar much better from that position compared to his typical silly ass low slung posture.

Sure, playing the guitar that high may look weird but you can sure as hell play it better from that angle. Jimmy should have struck a compromise and wore the guitar where most players do, midway between.

I would love to hear Jimmy's playing during this session as I suspect his playing was excellent due to the other musicians he was playing with (would not wish to look like a fool) were the very best. Plus, he likely would have been clean due to the harsh Egyptian drug laws and the muslim prohibition on alcohol.

We may have found our true holy grail if a recording exists.

3 hours ago, markbowmanimages said:

Hiya Steve -   Never saw this photo before either, but isn't that Swan Song's/JP's Assistant, Phil Carlo at the bottom, far left...?  Looks like him to me.....

Seems to be. Phil would have been Bad Company's road manager at the time.

Interesting thing for me is how much healthier he looks than some parts of the '77 tour. Page is quite full in the face, with none of that raddled look he has at Oakland etc. His weight fluctuated a lot in '77, so I'd agree he must have been clean in Egypt.

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

I would love to hear Jimmy's playing during this session as I suspect his playing was excellent due to the other musicians he was playing with (would not wish to look like a fool) were the very best. Plus, he likely would have been clean due to the harsh Egyptian drug laws and the muslim prohibition on alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:10 PM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

One of the biggest stars in the world at the time, I'm dead sure anything he wanted he got. 

How many people get to do this?!

Image result for jimmy page on plane

..”er Jimmy wants to walk on the wing, is that ok captain ?..”

Archived