New Book.....new thread ?

Blaize86

Just saw in New Jersey USA. Barnes and Noble. Not a big picture book fan. Who cares what they looked like at a certain time. This mysterious band is all about the songs. As Ray Davies said " like one big jam "...I really like this 600 page book. I just wish they included some more live stuff. Is this old news ? Don't see a thread on it. 

IMG_0757.JPG

15 minutes ago, Blaize86 said:

Just saw in New Jersey USA. Barnes and Noble. Not a big picture book fan. Who cares what they looked like at a certain time. This mysterious band is all about the songs. As Ray Davies said " like one big jam "...I really like this 600 page book. I just wish they included some more live stuff. Is this old news ? Don't see a thread on it. 

IMG_0757.JPG

It's a new book, but people on here usually don't discuss books much. That's one I'm definitely aiming to get. 

If you're interested in live stuff, I highly recommend Dave Lewis' new one, "Evenings with Led Zeppelin". He covers every single show and gives brief descriptions of available bootlegs.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It's a new book, but people on here usually don't discuss books much. That's one I'm definitely aiming to get. 

If you're interested in live stuff, I highly recommend Dave Lewis' new one, "Evenings with Led Zeppelin". He covers every single show and gives brief descriptions of available bootlegs.

Hey yeah I saw something about the Lewis book. That's on my radar. I just got the LZ on LZ for the 50th Anniversar also. Enough spending for now. Both were about 50-65 bucks each. The real gem would be the Luis Rey book. I had the original and wore it out. Didn't realize how valuable that would be now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, Mattius said:

Can't understand why there is not more interest in this book. It's bloody fantastic! 🙂

I just got my copy today. Maybe others here have asked a significant other to get it for them for Xmas?

I agree that it looks quite good just from my quick glance so far. Along with Dave Lewis' "Evenings with Led Zeppelin" and the official LZ by LZ book, I'd have to say that the 50th anniversary has gotten its proper due, viz a viz, books on the band. Hopefully 2019 will deliver with more previously-unreleased live material. (To be fair, I am happy with the DTS Master Audio 5.1 surround sound versions of TSRTS and HTWWW on BluRay audio - those have been worth picking up this year. Still, I hope more is coming soon.)

Agree to all. The book is extraordinarily in depth. It’s over 500 pages. Great companion in the when sitting alone needing privacy haha. Seriously, one thing about it is the detail with Bonzo. These authors really bring him out in each song with rarely a criticism. Also, Percy gets notoriety in every piece. 

Basically all members get their share ( of criticism too ) but you expect most attention going to Page,  but they spread the love  to all. 

Archived