Robert Plant's recent set lists

45 minutes ago, NorthShoreBlues said:

I checked out robert's setlists on setlistfm and he's playing alot of led zeppelin. I don't understand why he is not incorporating any of his solo tunes. He has quie a few good songs. Any thoughts?

Maybe he’s just playing what he wants to play (with a variety of originals: solo and Led Zeppelin as well as a few blues covers reimagined). 

R😎

On 11/3/2018 at 2:06 AM, NorthShoreBlues said:

I checked out robert's setlists on setlistfm and he's playing alot of led zeppelin. I don't understand why he is not incorporating any of his solo tunes. He has quie a few good songs. Any thoughts?

Oh the irony?

On 11/3/2018 at 2:06 AM, NorthShoreBlues said:

Seems odd that he's not playing any of his solo tunes.

So odd in fact, that I think you might be making it up.

He's Robert Plant, he's 70 years old & he doesn't have to pander to anyone else at this stage in his career. He's playing the songs that he wants to play & going by the times I've seen him, he's enjoying himself & so are the audience.

If you don't like the look of his set lists or his concerts, don't go & see him. It's really quite simple. His (& Led Zeppelin's) entire back catalogue is there if you want to listen to any of it on your stereo at home.

20 hours ago, Mook said:

He's Robert Plant, he's 70 years old & he doesn't have to pander to anyone else at this stage in his career. He's playing the songs that he wants to play & going by the times I've seen him, he's enjoying himself & so are the audience.

agreed.  Another consideration is that the band he is touring with is the band he has been making music with in the recent past, so they are doing songs from the recent albums.  Makes sense to me.  He did not construct this band to do songs from the 80s and 90s.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:06 PM, NorthShoreBlues said:

I count four Zeppelin originals, a few covers Zeppelin did, a bunch of solo material and a few covers of his own.  Hmm, seems like a well rounded set to me.  I just saw him and he played In The Mood, Rainbow, Carry Fire, May Queen, Please Read the Letter (not my favorite) plus more, lots of solo material?

On 11/8/2018 at 10:51 AM, AntLantic Records said:

I count four Zeppelin originals, a few covers Zeppelin did, a bunch of solo material and a few covers of his own.  Hmm, seems like a well rounded set to me.  I just saw him and he played In The Mood, Rainbow, Carry Fire, May Queen, Please Read the Letter (not my favorite) plus more, lots of solo material?

Indeed. I'm not sure what the hell I was looking at . . . Very well rounded shows

Archived