Shows from 1975 with no recording

hummingbird69

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Rotterdam, Minneapolis, 2nd night in Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Houston.

Damn!  Only 5 more No Quarters and Dazed.  I hope they see the Light of Day along with any other dates there is no recording for.  Thank you

12 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Damn!  Only 5 more No Quarters and Dazed.  I hope they see the Light of Day along with any other dates there is no recording for.  Thank you

No problem.  There's almost certainly a soundboard of Houston, so you have that one.  I doubt there's any recordings of the others, however apart from that, they didn't play D&C at the beginning of the '75 tour because of Jimmy's injured finger, they played it for the first time (as per Plant on the bootleg) in NYC right after Pittsburgh.  So look on the bright side, when Houston eventually comes out we'll have every '75 Dazed ever played.

14 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

No problem.  There's almost certainly a soundboard of Houston, so you have that one.  I doubt there's any recordings of the others, however apart from that, they didn't play D&C at the beginning of the '75 tour because of Jimmy's injured finger, they played it for the first time (as per Plant on the bootleg) in NYC right after Pittsburgh.  So look on the bright side, when Houston eventually comes out we'll have every '75 Dazed ever played.

I know about his finger, I have all the available shows. I guess I was hoping for other dates that came after he healed up. C'mon Houston!! Lol

What I would love to hear is the early tour shows, Bloomington and Chicago, to hear the different setlist in SBD quality...and no doubt they're out there, but we prob won't see them for a long time.  I don't care much for another mid/ late SBD, but those seem to be the ones that drop . 

2 hours ago, porgie66 said:

What I would love to hear is the early tour shows, Bloomington and Chicago, to hear the different setlist in SBD quality...and no doubt they're out there, but we prob won't see them for a long time.  I don't care much for another mid/ late SBD, but those seem to be the ones that drop . 

Same here. +1

R😎👍

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Would be cool to hear all the shows but when I do listen to HMMT it just doesn't seem to belong.

Yeah, I don't think it worked as well as Dazed did in the '75 style (slowed down/less energetic in parts).  And even Dazed fell flat at least as often as it took flight in '75...

Dazed is my favourite song of theirs, and '75 is my favourite touring year, but '75 Dazed is not my favourite combination.

20 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Even 3/12 Long Beach?  I agree, the shows at the very beginning would be top of my list too, especially Bloomington, because didn't Plant get the flu after that show?  Potentially his voice was good at that one?

46 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Yeah, I don't think it worked as well as Dazed did in the '75 style (slowed down/less energetic in parts).  And even Dazed fell flat at least as often as it took flight in '75...

Dazed is my favourite song of theirs, and '75 is my favourite touring year, but '75 Dazed is not my favourite combination.

IDK man, I hear this a lot about Dazed 75 but I have been listening to all the available NQ, MD, and Dazed for quite a long time. The whole tour is in my playlist which plays 24/7. For my money, Dazed is almost always worth it. However, there are some I like more than others but I think each audience got something unique and memorable anyway. I know if I were at these shows I would have been satisfied. I know I would have come away feeling I had just seen something awesome.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:56 AM, hummingbird69 said:

IDK man, I hear this a lot about Dazed 75 but I have been listening to all the available NQ, MD, and Dazed for quite a long time. The whole tour is in my playlist which plays 24/7. For my money, Dazed is almost always worth it. However, there are some I like more than others but I think each audience got something unique and memorable anyway. I know if I were at these shows I would have been satisfied. I know I would have come away feeling I had just seen something awesome.

That's fair, and I like the '75 versions, it's just Page's fluency wasn't always there in the mid-section.  The San Francisco/Woodstock sections and the outro jams of the '75 versions are consistently great.

Archived