Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Balthazor

Led Zeppelin vs Deep Purple

There were 35 members of DP and yeah had a couple songs and everyone's a great musician but it isn't in the same universe and JP JPJ JHB RP . . No one else can take the place of these four guys. . Ive got my LZ fanboy cloak on LOL

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, John M said:

As fantastic as Made in Japan is, I prefer the playing and sound on the three live bonus tracks on the reissue of the Concerto for Group and Orchestra, from Sept 1969.  The bonus disc has only  Hush, Wring that Neck, and Child in Time, but they are all superb.  I wish there was a full length Purple only concert from that performance but of course it was just an opening before they played the Concerto with the orchestra.  If you don't have this double CD seek it out.  The whole thing is amazing.  This was about 9 months before In Rock was released with Child in Time.

Nice version, but nowhere near as good as this one:

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

I've been through Rainbow's studio albums, but I'll def check out the live stuff.

Check out this one, smoking hot:

9 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Nice version, but nowhere near as good as this one:

Fantastic !!  I like how they are developing parts of "Lazy" here.  I clearly need to get more live Purple.  Thanks. 

I'm a big fan of both Led Zep and Mk2 of Deep Purple and I have seen them live many many times. In Scandinavia and in the UK. I don't compare which is the best band? I love them both. 🤩

I went to see DP on their Machine Head tour. I also went to see LZ before and after the DP tour. LZ wins the live presentation. DP are just BORING to watch. LZ are exciting to watch and to listen to.

16 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

:rolleyes:

The amount of songs, where the lift is very direct and obvious is very small, far, far less then some youtube videos are trying to suggest and I think only such song count and beyond Zep II, there are almost no such songs! 

Things like Communication breakdown and How many more times don' t come in question. Riffs in CB and HMMT are Jimmy's and melodies are original, so are the lyrics, especially in CB. There are many similar examples. So I think it is a small amount because only things like Dazed and confused and Whole lotta love count, despite the original things added. You can't count things like intro to Rock and roll or The Lemon song or Bring it on home even, they could have left the intro/outro out. But there are certainly lots of little bits and pieces and lyrics verses in many songs, that are integrated into the whole original picture.

'Tommy Bolin can't play for shit!' Ah, come on, it was only a joke when Bonzo said it the first time...