Forum Question - Help Needed Please!

R Amblinman

I opened up a couple of new topics several months ago in Other Bands/Music. There have been a couple of replies to each, nothing of any significance. I would like to delete both of these topics, but no matter how many times I look at it, I just cannot see how I can delete them. There is nothing in "my profile" that allows me to take this action. And nowhere when I open up the thread that allows me to do it. I can report the post, share the post, reply to the post, but I can't edit or delete it. And I cannot find anything in the Help section to assist. I did edit them just after I posted them, but this option now seems to have now disappeared. Any help would be very much appreciated. I need to get all the information contained within one new thread. One thread only. I'm very, very reluctant to open up a third one, even though the first two have disappeared into oblivion through old age.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:04 AM, R Amblinman said:

I opened up a couple of new topics several months ago in Other Bands/Music. There have been a couple of replies to each, nothing of any significance. I would like to delete both of these topics, but no matter how many times I look at it, I just cannot see how I can delete them. There is nothing in "my profile" that allows me to take this action. And nowhere when I open up the thread that allows me to do it. I can report the post, share the post, reply to the post, but I can't edit or delete it. And I cannot find anything in the Help section to assist. I did edit them just after I posted them, but this option now seems to have now disappeared. Any help would be very much appreciated. I need to get all the information contained within one new thread. One thread only. I'm very, very reluctant to open up a third one, even though the first two have disappeared into oblivion through old age.

I have only seen threads go away when people argue in them.

why do you want to take them out now?

• 1 month later...

Guys...thanks for your help. Sorry, I've been away for a few weeks and not been able to look at this.

Kipper - there's been no arguing in the threads. They are just out of date. I want to open up one specific thread for Alyona and its just to be dedicated to her Zeppelin work only. Of course, I can ignore the old one, but that would mean I have two different threads for her. And that may not look good in the eyes of other members! So I've held off doing it until I can either edit or delete the old one. The other can probably remain where it is and be dormant. I won't be adding to it.

SteveAJones - thanks for your comment, I appreciate it. As I said to Kipper, I just want one new Alyona thread, just for her Zeppelin work. She has a lot of it coming in 2019. That's why I want to remove the old one and re-start.

Strider - apologies I've not been back to you. Its frustrating that what should be a simple task of clicking a button to edit/delete becomes, seemingly, very difficult. When I was last involved in forums, nearly ten years ago, for much smaller, independent bands, there's was never any such problems in managing my account. But I want to get this fixed in the next few days now I'm able to contribute more to the overall forum. Maybe I'll start the new one, then PM Sam and ask him to remove the old one.

Archived