NBA 2018-2019 season

chef free

Raptors vs Warriors last night was a fun game to watch and a possible preview of the NBA Finals!  Raptors got a hot start hitting 9 of 11 in the first quarter to jump out to a 16 point lead.  Warriors, minus Curry and Green, battled back to tie it and earn overtime on Kevin Durant's hot shooting.

Watching the Raptors vs 76ers, fun game, very competitive until the fourth quarter when Kawai took over.

noticed that the Toronto fans are pretty quiet and that there were a surprising number of empty seats in the stands.  WTF Raptors fans?

On 12/5/2018 at 10:25 PM, chef free said:

Watching the Raptors vs 76ers, fun game, very competitive until the fourth quarter when Kawai took over.

noticed that the Toronto fans are pretty quiet and that there were a surprising number of empty seats in the stands.  WTF Raptors fans?

And this is the best team they have EVER HAD.  I am shocked by the end result of last nights game. I will confess I took Philly with the points and paid.  Fuckers

On 12/8/2018 at 5:01 PM, chef free said:

How about Raptors vs Nets last night? Net snap an 8 game losing streak with a 106 - 105 OT win?

Or Bulls over Thunder 114 - 112?

Or Grizzlies over Pelicans 107 - 103?

Lots of great basketball this year!!

The Grizzlies are no surprise in the above mentioned.  Toronto likely took a night off. When the big teams show up they are tougher than ever.  I LOVE Sacramento to whallop Chicago tonight.  Also like Orlando a bit with the points vs Dallas.  How the hell is Dallas favored over Orlando?  Sacramento is minus 2.5.  Should roll the Bulls

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Strider said:

Nope. Watched the NFL playoff games, then Golden State @ Dallas. 

Warriors vs. Mavs was another fine basketball game! The West is tight this year, the top seven teams are separated by only five games, with 5th, 6th and 7th tied!

On 1/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, chef free said:

Warriors vs Nuggets for the best in the West! 

51 - 38 at the end of the first!

Warriors have 10 3-pointers in the first, NBA record, Durant has 17 and has not missed a shot!

Now they have freakin Cousins.  How do they stay under the cap?  I have no clue. Its like an all star team there every year.  Lots of crazy crap going on this year.  Unpredictable outcomes.  Tonight the real 76ers show up and beat Houston.  Other nights, they get beat by teams they should kill.  Even Golden state has had their ups and downs. Sacramento was looking good for a while as a surprise team.  Right now though Brooklyn is kind of surprising.

• 2 months later...

Some interesting things going on.  Golden st has been beaten more often than expected.  Yes they have had a guy out of lineup often. But Curry is the guy they MUST HAVE to win it all.  Some surprise teams. Miami Heat have been playing very well, included a win at GS.  Charlotte is on fire of late also

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! Two great second round games today!  

First Boston proves the critics wrong with a 22 point ass kicking of the Bucks.

Then the Warriors hold off the Rockets in a nail bitter that went down to the last seconds!

Ah, I love playoff basketball...

Huge win for 76ers.  I like them to come out of the East.  But it would help if Milwaukee started to play like Milwaukee.  If they rally to beat Boston, the 76ers do well vs them.  But not so well vs Boston.  I  feel the matchups have worked out well for Philly if Boston goes down.  But right now, they have the lead.  Golden St has been pushed to the limit .  Clippers put up a great fight.  The under rated Clippers.  Now Houston, the one man band, has given them fits already. Beating them is a tall order.  Maybe losing Cousins actually helps them. Now they do not have to worry about their chemistry.  Its like its bee for several years.  With Cousins they have to try and balance out and make all these huge ego's happy somehow

Oh Ho! Tonight's crew chief for the Warriors/Rockets game is none other than Scott Foster.  You know, the ref that Harden said “Scott Foster. Man. I never really talk about officiating, but just rude and arrogant. I mean you aren’t able to talk to him throughout the game. It’s who he is on the floor. It’s pretty frustrating. You can’t have a conversation. You get a tech.”  That little speech cost James $25,000! This is going to be good...

But first up; Bucks vs. Celtics, round two.  Celtics got the best of the Bucks last time by shutting down Giannis, the Bucks' main scorer, defender, assist maker, rebounder, etc. Can they do it again?  Here we go!