Jimmy Page photo shoot at Abbey Road Studios

zeplz71

39 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Lol.....So you mean that's not the Masonic symbol superimposed on that upper amp ?  :lol:    Okay....no tour or album.  Just some more beloved live harmonizer over-dubs heading our way.

Haha 😆...although I did notice that the first 3 knobs on Jimmy’s amp are pointing to 6 ..........

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

That's either the ghost of Alister Crowley in the window on Jimmy's right, or Sitting Bull and a dream catcher ?  My imagination can't decide.  Pic must have been taken through a studio window...crazy shadows.

Guess again. The recordings have leaked. Jim lives. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

One concert length performance since 2001. 🙄

I've given up hope that Jimmy will play another full length concert in his life. I very much doubt that he has touched a guitar for any other reason than a photo shooting in the last 3-4 years. Remember the TV show incident? I'm not sure how long ago that was. For me that was the confirmation that Page hasn't played, let alone practiced, on a regular basis for years

Jimmy himself is made to look rather "ghostly" in this filtered pic. He looks more "dead" than alive...

Cool vibe and it's great to see him with his personal rig all set up and ready to play about...Theremin too. Interesting.

No hopes, no expectations, no thoughts other than it's always good to see Jimmy alive and well...

10 minutes ago, the-ocean87 said:

I've given up hope that Jimmy will play another full length concert in his life. I very much doubt that he has touched a guitar for any other reason than a photo shooting in the last 3-4 years. Remember the TV show incident? I'm not sure how long ago that was. For me that was the confirmation that Page hasn't played, let alone practiced, on a regular basis for years

No, what TV incident?? Do tell...

7 minutes ago, nirvana said:

No, what TV incident?? Do tell...

He appeared on a TV show and to his surprise was handed an acoustic guitar and asked to play.  He raked out a few chords but because he didn’t play a 1970-quality version of White Summer some people here freaked out. 😆

19 minutes ago, the-ocean87 said:

He was handed an acoustic guitar in a tv show and didn't know what to do with it. I think it was a tv show /interview, unless I'm mixing things up.

Really....was he caught by surprise? Sometimes these interviews use unexpected means to catch their guests off guard.

But that is weird and very embarrassing if so. I'm hoping Jimmy was just wondering "WTF..."

It's amazing what 1 picture can stir up... Let's see what comes of it. My guess is same as many.. punch in's and edit's for a live album.. which would be why his live rig is in the studio.   If he is retired.. Good for him .. He's less than 2 months away from turning SEVENTY FIVE ... with more money socked away than any 50 of us combined.. and a hot bird on his arm to boot..

I learned years ago to take what he says sometimes with a pinch of salt. a big pinch sometimes. Still I've got my money and pleasure's worth from his music.. more than I could have ever asked for.

6 hours ago, kirchzep27 said:

Maybe he is working on a deluxe release of, walking into clarksdale, with a companion disk thats bright and sunny. Hopefully there is a significant release of the 98 tour one day, either an overview or one whole show. 

There will never be an official dvd release of the WIC tour on account of Jimmy's drooling and Buddha belly. I doubt very much there will ever be an official cd release of the WIC tour because there's not enough demand to make it worthwhile. The Page/Plant era was bootlegged beyond belief.

8 hours ago, nirvana said:

Really....was he caught by surprise? Sometimes these interviews use unexpected means to catch their guests off guard.

But that is weird and very embarrassing if so. I'm hoping Jimmy was just wondering "WTF..."

It was a goofy thing to do....as if he's going to perform like a trained seal . He strummed out a little Ramble On and that was that. 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:33 AM, woz70 said:

The first of Page's Transperformance guitars appeared at the end of the Coverdale/Page sessions, and he managed to do some overdubs on one of the tracks (Absolution Blues?  Can't remember offhand).
Definitely not 70's canon - required 90's computer technology and gutting the inside of the guitar to fit the motors & brain inside.

That is the guitar I remember, he used it on the C/P tour, I called the switchy guitar thingy wotsit, it was black. I hope he is doing something fun in Abbey Road and not faffing around with past glories and generally making them shorter and less appealing.....

As that was his live set up, maybe he was just "seen to be playing live" again, well there is picture....!

Occam's Razor - the principle (attributed to William of Occam) that in explaining a thing no more assumptions should be made than are necessary. 

We have been promised "new" live recordings.

There are precious few multi-tracks left.

Abby Road Studios is the world's best at "De-mixing" old recordings.

Therefore, Jimmy is working on sweetening some new mixes of bootleg recordings to release officially.

Archived