Jimmy Page photo shoot at Abbey Road Studios

zeplz71

2 hours ago, Allister said:

Occam's Razor - the principle (attributed to William of Occam) that in explaining a thing no more assumptions should be made than are necessary. 

We have been promised "new" live recordings.

There are precious few multi-tracks left.

Abby Road Studios is the world's best at "De-mixing" old recordings.

Therefore, Jimmy is working on sweetening some new mixes of bootleg recordings to release officially.

Agree completely. I highly doubt he's recording new material. Also, it's his daughter doing a photo shoot so it could be for a project Scarlett is working on. 

2 hours ago, Allister said:

Occam's Razor - the principle (attributed to William of Occam) that in explaining a thing no more assumptions should be made than are necessary. 

We have been promised "new" live recordings.

There are precious few multi-tracks left.

Abby Road Studios is the world's best at "De-mixing" old recordings.

Therefore, Jimmy is working on sweetening some new mixes of bootleg recordings to release officially.

The bootleg companies are usually the guide to new live recordings...a Japan ‘71 re-mixed show in the works?  Even though I have the recent releases, I still hope so! 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, the-ocean87 said:

He was handed an acoustic guitar in a tv show and didn't know what to do with it. I think it was a tv show /interview, unless I'm mixing things up.

On the contrary, seeing as he wasn’t expecting it, didn’t have a pick to start with and it was slightly out of tune and probably not set up for him, he played Ramble On ok. Jimmy’s still got it and it’s just a real shame there is no vehicle for his immense talent. 

1 hour ago, Paganini said:

On the contrary, seeing as he wasn’t expecting it, didn’t have a pick to start with and it was slightly out of tune and probably not set up for him, he played Ramble On ok. Jimmy’s still got it and it’s just a real shame there is no vehicle for his immense talent. 

Not sure he still has it since he hasn't played likely in years. It's his choice there's no vehicle. He could have the pick of the litter to play with him and he seems to only want RP and JPP or no one. 

23 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

This is for a Museum Promo ?  Maybe we just might get to see the rest of the 9/29 Soundboard, but will it will be preserved behind glass   :munchies:

Sorry, I must've missed that. Museum promo? Where was that said? I doubt this is anything more than promo shots, though he must've used the bow, it's on the amp. 

19 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Sorry, I must've missed that. Museum promo? Where was that said? I doubt this is anything more than promo shots, though he must've used the bow, it's on the amp. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/play-it-loud-exhibit-757954/

The Metropolitan Museum of Art will present a new exhibit titled Play It Loud: Instruments of Rock and Roll, featuring more than 130 instruments that were used by artists including Jimi Hendrix, the Rolling Stones, Metallica, Jimmy Page, the Beatles, Chuck Berry, Steve Miller, Elvis Presley, St. Vincent, and more.

On November 20, 2018 at 11:52 PM, SteveAJones said:

There will never be an official dvd release of the WIC tour on account of Jimmy's drooling and Buddha belly. I doubt very much there will ever be an official cd release of the WIC tour because there's not enough demand to make it worthwhile. The Page/Plant era was bootlegged beyond belief.

Wow, how can you say never for 98? It truly is a part of led zeppelin's history, in regards to page and plant. We loved jimmy in 98, the crowd was going crazy over well played led zep songs.

I see atleast a deluxe edition of this record one day...as the marketing suggests

Archived