What's the weather like where you are?

madison

• 2 weeks later...

Another dreadful summers day. Wet and grim and grey

I cannot remember such a dreary wet summer as this. And a cool wind to boot. It has rained (nearly) every day since the beginning of July I think. I've had enough. Seriously thinking of leaving this shit hole dump and going south. Portugal??

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Another dreadful summers day. Wet and grim and grey

I cannot remember such a dreary wet summer as this. And a cool wind to boot. It has rained (nearly) every day since the beginning of July I think. I've had enough. Seriously thinking of leaving this shit hole dump and going south. Portugal??

I guess you need another golfing vacation in Spain? Maybe Don John can invite you to one of his swampy golf resorts?

• 3 weeks later...

The weather seems to be in such a chaotic state, these days! :wacko: 

My heart goes out to my American friends in the pathway of all these hurricanes.

Things are pretty bad here too. It has been raining incessantly these past 10 days and my neighbourhood is completely water logged. 

I was nearly trapped in my car when I was trying to get back home from work, with water pouring in from the outside and the engine constantly spluttering. I had to wade through knee deep water to reach my apartment. A most harrowing experience. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

My heart goes out to my American friends in the pathway of all these hurricanes.

Things are pretty bad here too. It has been raining incessantly these past 10 days and my neighbourhood is completely water logged. 

I was nearly trapped in my car when I was trying to get back home from work, with water pouring in from the outside and the engine constantly spluttering. I had to wade through knee deep water to reach my apartment. A most harrowing experience. 

Take care of yourself Kiwi!!  And everyone in the path of the horrible storms (and fires out west.  and earthquake in Mexico) 

I hate weather.

Although I must say, it's glorious here this weekend.  Sunny and in the 70s.  Remnants of Irma will take care of that Monday/Tuesday, though.

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Be careful in that kinda water. A current can take your legs out quickly. That level of water can move a stationary car.  Take care Kiwi and everyone else out there! ✌🏻

Spring has sprung here. going into the 30's (celcius) this week. Still no rain. Hasn't rained since about March. The lawns are all brown and dead everywhere you go. Water tanks long empty.

It's going to be a nightmare summer I think this year. No relief from the heat except for the butal summer storms that no doubt will hammer us.

Best wished to all those in the southern states in the US.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, Walter said:

Be careful in that kinda water. A current can take your legs out quickly. That level of water can move a stationary car.  Take care Kiwi and everyone else out there! ✌🏻

On 9/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, ebk said:

Take care of yourself Kiwi!!  And everyone in the path of the horrible storms (and fires out west.  and earthquake in Mexico) 

I hate weather.

Although I must say, it's glorious here this weekend.  Sunny and in the 70s.  Remnants of Irma will take care of that Monday/Tuesday, though.

Thanks, guys! That means a lot. :friends: I have never experienced water logging to that extent. Wadding through water was an ummmm 'interesting experience' :wacko::unsure: 

Walter, I hope you're doing alright! I have been seeing some visuals of the impact of that wretched hurricane in the news and it is scary as hell! Hope you and your family are safe! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
Punctuation

On 11/09/2017 at 11:02 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thanks, guys! That means :friends:a lot.  I have never experienced water logging to that extent. Wadding through water was an ummmm 'interesting experience' :wacko::unsure: 

Walter, I hope you're doing alright! I have been seeing some visuals of the impact of that wretched hurricane in the news and it is scary as hell! Hope you and your family are safe! 

I have - in Penang Malaysia. They told us to be very careful in going to close to the pavement as one could have disappeared down the drains ! 

Miserable as always. Like the whole of July, August and most of June and all of September so far. I mean no summer at all just a continuation of Winter except a bit warmer and longer days to witness the grey and drizzle a but longer. Official: we do not get a summer. 

Edited by chillumpuffer

Usually when fall comes around in Phoenix and people talk about it cooling down, I say it will cool down on Halloween, because that is usually the norm, but this year its different, it's nice and cooler out here. We may get a heat wave again before Halloween though I wouldn't doubt.